We have a position open for Claims Associate to join our team as we expand Canadian operations team located in Toronto, Ontario. This is an exciting opportunity to take part in a high energy work environment for a rapidly growing company with global ambitions. If youre looking to make a real impact on a challenging part of the business, come join our team!
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service for Turo Hosts & Guests
- Investigate & process auto claims filed by Turo Hosts & Guests
- When possible, assist Turo members in the self-resolution process
- Coordinate claims processing with Turo's third party administrator
- Collect any amounts due from Guests
- Maintain accurate documentation
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement in Turos processes for claims handling, strive to make Turo's organization a leader in customer service & cost management
- Reside in Toronto, Ontario
**though we are currently working from home during covid, this is not a remote role**
- Bilingual fluency in French & English preferred, but not required.
- Strongly prefer 1+ years experience in auto claims handling experience, preferably with a major auto insurance carrier or car rental company
- Will consider entry level candidates with exceptional customer service background & demonstrated interest in cars
- BA/BS or equivalent required. State licensing desirable
- Exceptional personal qualities & people skills
- Outstanding conflict resolution & de-escalation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, drive & embrace change
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail, & with minimal need for supervision
- Must be a team player, with positive mental attitude, high energy, high integrity, strong work ethic, enthusiasm, sense of humor, & a commitment to the mission
- Commitment to high responsiveness & availability
- Strong proficiency with technology: Zendesk, CRM systems, Google Docs, MS Office, internet, mobile systems, claims management systems. Mac expertise a plus
- Bonus: Experience in balancing solutions with multiple interested parties valuable, as our two-sided marketplace counts Hosts, Guests, third parties, & the company all as meaningful stakeholders
- Competitive salary & equity for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off, 9 paid holidays, paid volunteer time off, & paid parental leave
- Turo host matching & vehicle reimbursement program
- Monthly Fringe benefits stipend
- Monthly Turo travel credit
Turo is the worlds largest car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, & the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy & the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet. Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, & Google Play, & check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $500M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, & Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a tight-knit team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work & their colleagues. Our recruiting team is always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, & efficient candidates to grow our team's talent & enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!