Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart that enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within teams alongside product managers & engineers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, & each member is directly responsible for the team's success.
Were looking for a Staff Product Designer to join the Conversion team within the Growth organization. The Conversion team is responsible for templates & how they are merchandised to our customers & the Custom Starting Points team focuses on creating new entry points for our users that better fit their needs. In this role, you will be responsible for iterating on a current MVP along with discovering new ways to get users started within our platform while ensuring quality in our product every step of the way. As such, you will use a systems approach to create a compelling experience for any user looking to build out their online presence. There will be opportunities to collaborate with other teams like Frontsite (squarespace.com), Activation, Commerce, & Presence to ensure we create a valuable & coherent user experience for each of our users.
You'll report to the Product Design Manager of Conversion. We are open to this position being remote.
Youll Get To
- Improve existing design solutions & innovate in the space.
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Think holistically about the user journey & product ecosystem
- Continually seek to understand the capabilities & technical constraints of the systems with which youll be working
- Design concepts for the platform that are usable, educational, & relevant
- Contribute to OKRs, product strategy, vision, & roadmap by working closely with PM & Engineering partners
- Collaborate with product & engineering teams from concept & discovery through delivery & beyond
- Be data-driven & have an interest in measuring & improving the experience
- Facilitate user research & testing, ensuring usability & product consistency
Who Were Looking for
- 8+ years of experience
- Affinity for interaction design & has a keen eye for subtle details
- Experience in the UX process inclusive of research, visual design & prototyping
- Use a systems approach to design
- Love of iterative development
- Knowledge of current trends in design & technology
- Proficiency in animation tools like Figma & Protopie
- Deep passion for our product & the impact that it has in the world
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.