The Peloton brand is one of the most special brands in the world. Our mission is to use technology & design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. Pelotons values inform everything we do, from product strategy, to hiring, to decision-making.
- Put Members First - Design with a user-centered mindset. Obsess over every touchpoint of the member experience.
- Operate with a bias for action - Challenge the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Take risks, fail fast & learn from past failures.
- Empower teams of smart creatives - Hire the best & get out of the way. Think & act like owners. Stay lean, scrappy & creative.
- Together we go far - Build a diverse & inclusive community. Uphold the obligation to dissent & listen. Presume trust & be transparent.
The Peloton Brand Strategy team is looking for an experienced brand strategist to help grow, evolve, & protect the Peloton brand. Working in a fast-paced environment on our growing team, this person is responsible for designing insights-led strategies to increase awareness of Peloton & drive deeper affinity for our brand & products. To do so, this person will help establish & evolve Pelotons brand strategy & the positioning of Pelotons products across all categories. This person will also be responsible for leading strategic projects focused on brand architecture, naming strategy, & messaging strategy. They will be a skilled brand storyteller who brings an audience-focused, strategic approach to brand building. With proven experience revealing the compelling human & cultural stories behind every data point, this person will challenge assumptions, inspire cross-functional teams & develop impactful brand building strategies rooted in our consumers & Members needs.
- Build scalable & effective brand strategies including positioning, architecture, naming & messaging for Pelotons brand, portfolio, & individual products
- Become an expert on Pelotons brand, products, target customer, & Members
- Partner with the Consumer Insights Team to ensure insights are leveraged for key strategy projects & to validate elements of the brand strategy with consumers & Members via research as needed
- Understand & contextualize audience behavior, category insights, product value propositions as well as technological & cultural trends to develop clear & actionable strategy recommendations
- Partner with product marketers, brand managers, & Member marketing teams to translate strategy into tactical plans for implementation
- Design & deliver creative briefs, collaborating with & supporting creative teams internally and/or agency partners externally as they translate strategy into consumer-facing assets
- Deliver clear & compelling presentations of strategies & ideas grounded in data to senior stakeholders
- Be a brand evangelist & influence cross-functional teams & partners, ensuring brand strategy is reflected in work & activities across the company
- Collaborate across Global Marketing to build & drive the Peloton brand
- 4-6 years of brand strategy experience at a leading consultancy, brand strategy agency, or in-house brand team
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA preferred
- Experience developing purpose-led brand positioning
- Experience positioning new products/services & translating that positioning into actionable implications across the customer experience
- Experience designing & developing effective, measurable brand-building strategies
- Experience designing & evolving brand architecture
- Experience managing multiple high-profile, cross-functional projects simultaneously
- Experience managing external agencies and/or partnering with internal creative teams
- Is an independent, strategic, & creative thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) & is willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced team environment
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills
- Is forward-thinking, extremely organized, & has an obsession for detail
- Brings a strong passion for Pelotons brand & products, the fitness category, & consumer brands more broadly
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.