Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
This role is in the bioinformatics team - you will be responsible for the software that is used in the clinical laboratory to process patient samples & analyze their genomic profiles, finding the right treatment options for cancer patients based on a simple blood draw. You will participate in a small team following agile methodology. Your role would be to implement new solutions & architectures to solve complex problems in a clinical NGS setting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with users & product managers to gather & refine requirements.
- Maintain & extend the applications RESTful web service / APIs in Python.
- Design & implement solutions end-end from user interface through persistent storage.
- Provide written documentation & specifications of software products & services. Preferably in a regulated environment such as IVD or CLIA.
- Evaluate, test, & use open-source software & applications.Interface with other teams to obtain requirements & support deployed applications.
- Ability & desire to work on all aspects of software development in an agile environment including documentation, design, development, & testing of features & sub-systems.
- 4+ years experience developing software in production environment
- Demonstrated knowledge & experience using object-oriented programming & design patterns in production environments
- Working knowledge of Django & DRFWorking knowledge of managing & deploying Docker (or other virtualization technologies)
- Experience working with a relational database, preferably PostgreSQL
- Effective communicator with written & verbal fluency in English.
- Detail oriented with an initiative to drive tasks to completion.
- Ability to work well in a rapid-pace startup environment
- Ability to work well in a group & independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrable ability to perform the Essential Duties & Responsibilities of this position.
The following experience is not required but is highly desired:
B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs