Beeswaxs mission is to build great advertising software. Our product is an easy to use, massive scale & high availability advertising platform founded by industry veterans who worked together at Google. We offer our customers the most extensible & transparent advertising system in the world & process millions of transactions per second. We offer our employees a culture of transparency & one with many challenging problems to solve - whether our employees are competing at game night or coming up with bee puns, they remain a close-knit group.
Beeswax is looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our Serving team. This team develops large-scale real-time OLTP applications which ingest ad auctions & implement complex bidding strategies for Beeswaxs customers. They are the backbone of Beeswaxs business & handle millions of requests per second with a 99 percentile latency of 30ms.
AS AN ENGINEER ON THE SERVING TEAM YOU WILL:
- Develop data-driven / model-driven features for our customers to accomplish their marketing campaigns.
- Scale our distributed application & infrastructure to the next level.
- Optimize algorithms & software architectures to save cloud hosting costs.
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- An understanding of what it means to build systems at scale - if you love articles on highscalability.com youll fit right in.
- A grasp of software architecture (either through a degree or from learning it themselves).
- Experience with optimizing performance, scaling & data modeling.
- Significant experience with compiled programming languages such as C++, Java, Golang, C#, Scala or Rust.
- Experience working with distributed databases such as Areospike, Cassandra or Redis.
- Comfort in a Linux ecosystem
SUCCESSFUL ENGINEERS AT BEESWAX VALUE:
- An ethic of service & a belief in putting the customer first.
- A powerful sense of pragmatism to figure out what needs to be done right versus right now.
- A curiosity about technology & a desire to use it problem solve in all sorts of domains.
- An openness to feedback & more than just the spelling skills to know that theres no I in Team.
- An appreciation of repeatability, observability, & operational simplicity.
MORE ABOUT US:
- Beeswax was founded in 2014 & since then weve raised $28M in funding from leading VCs including RRE & Foundry Group & have grown rapidly.
- We believe in & invest in personal growth & weve got the results to back it up: weve been recognized as one of Americas Fastest Growing Companies by Inc. 5000, weve won several Best Places to Work awards, & our team loves the culture.
- We value diversity & incorporate different professional experiences on our product & engineering teams. Some of our teammates hail from tech companies like Google, Amazon & Facebook; others from financial giants like Bloomberg & Bank of America; & more from some great software engineering cultures such as Compass & x.ai.