Okta is a trusted platform to secure every identity, from customers to your workforce. More than 9,400 organizations trust Oktas software & APIs to sign in, authorize, & manage users.
Okta Ventures plays a critical role in seeding the new crop of innovative, enterprise software companies enabling new use cases in security, identity, & privacy. Okta Ventures invests in seed to late-stage technology software companies, across the consumer, enterprise, crypto, & fintech spaces. Okta Ventures is anchored by our values focused on innovation, transparency, & integrity in our work with founders. Okta Ventures has made 12 investments since inception in 2019 including: Openpath, VNDLY, Crossbeam, Hunters, & Datagrail. We target 10+ investments per year. Learn more about Okta Ventures at: www.okta.com/okta-ventures
The Okta Ventures Senior Manager will source, identify, evaluate, & build the case for investments in the most innovative early-stage enterprise software startups. This position reports to the Head of Okta Ventures & will work on a small & committed team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generate & manage sourcing & high volume of investment deal flow
- Take initial screening meetings & escalate promising opportunities
- Drive partnerships & awareness of Okta Ventures within the startup & investment ecosystems, including venture capitalists, investment bankers, external accelerators
- Assist in deal negotiations & due diligence efforts inclusive of reviewing industries, products, customers, & competitors by evaluating market sizing, technology walkthroughs, industry trends, competitive landscapes, & financial modeling
- Analyze financial & operational information relating to potential investments & portfolio companies, e.g. company results, profit & loss, growth rates, market share
- Facilitate commercial & strategic partnership opportunities for the portfolio including sales, marketing, technical integrations, & business development
- Assist in creation of executive materials, deal memos
- Research technology trends & market landscapes to development investment theses
- Engage with internal business leaders to evaluate trends
- Assist in preparation of financial reporting documentation
- Collaborate cross-functionally with administrative & investment team members to drive projects to completion
- Participate in periodic updates to appropriate executive management groups
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 5+ years of relevant professional work experience in enterprise software including exposure to venture capital
- Experience with cloud software vendors & their strategies/business models
- Effective communicator, ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally & in writing; comfortable in business & technical discussions
- Experience in building trusting relationships & influencing others (incl. executive audiences)
- Ability to build & cultivate long-lasting relationships
- Bachelors degree in business, finance, STEM / engineering, or other applicable fields
- Collaborative team player who is also an independent thinker
- Self-starter who thrives & can multitask in fast-paced & often ambiguous environments
- Some experience with financial modeling
- Passion for technology, startups, learning new things, & investing
- A natural collaborator with bias to action, low ego & a proactive disposition
- Exposure to product and/or go-to-market functions within a high growth company
Identity is at the core of everything we do. And to us at Okta, that doesnt just mean securing the identities of our customers, but also celebrating the identities of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is to nurture a culture of inclusion & belonging while we create balanced teams to fuel innovation & collective growth.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.