Blockstack is a decentralized computing platform. It's the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. More info here
Blockstack PBC, a public benefit corp, is dedicated to building the core Blockstack protocols & developer platform. Blockstack PBC's mission is to enable an open, decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users by giving them more control over information & computation.
Blockstack PBC is headquartered in New York City, with a globally distributed team located across Hong Kong, Gambia, Barcelona, Toronto, & Seattle.
Blockstack is looking for a Senior Accountant to assist the Controller in day-to-day accounting tasks.
- Work closely with & supervise outsourced financial accountant's work & assist in month-end
close activities including review & analysis of income statement & balance sheet accounts.
- Help insource the accounting function & take compete ownership over recording journal
entries, preparing accruals, paying vendors & closing the books timely & accurately.
- Prepare annual financial statements, quarterly board reporting packages & MD&A (if
- Assist the Controller in implementing strategic initiatives to improve processes, strengthen
controls & upgrade software.
- Prepare for audits, be a key contributor in creating a complete package for the auditors. This
requires meeting all requirements of the auditors' request list & preparing the package in
accordance with auditor's timeline.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies & internal controls.
- Special projects as they occur.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting degree required.
- CPA with 2-4 years of accounting/audit experience, preferably in a Big 4” organization.
- Self-starter, independent worker & able to make sound & timely decisions.
- Ability to consistently be attentive to detail while meeting critical deadlines & handling
multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to operate effectively in a changing landscape with competing priorities.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills & a desire to keep communication lines.