We are seeking a hands-on Accounting Manager to join our Accounting Department. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated & organized & has the proven ability to adapt well in a small, fast-paced, entrepreneurial & diverse team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Accounting, you will have significant responsibility for managing several key business processes, including key month-end close activities. This position also supervises two members of the accounting team.
What youll do
- Oversee cash flow for multiple bank accounts & ensure accounts are reconciled on a daily & monthly basis
- Maintain & ensure completion of multiple balance sheet accounts including fixed assets, prepaids, & accruals, including performing reconciliations on a monthly basis for multiple subsidiaries. Ensure all balances are properly supported & documented.
- Collect, track, & record subscription & advertising revenue & receivables
- Review, analyze & import revenue from an external billing platform for one subsidiary
- Review & record deferred revenue for multiple subsidiaries
- Review accounts payable & expenses & approve payments for multiple subsidiaries
- Manage the monthly intercompany reconciliation process including recording of transfer pricing for the UK subsidiary
- Assist with compliance, including audits & filing various tax returns with external CPA firms
- Continuous monitoring to effectively research, track & resolve accounting or documentation discrepancies
- Assist to develop more efficient & improved processes & policies & to drive financial discipline across the company
- Assist the Senior Manager, Accounting with other activities as requested
- Manage & mentor four members of the team
What you'll bring
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business required; CPA a strong plus
- 4-6 years accounting experience, with at least 2 years of public accounting experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Advanced excel skills
- Experience using NetSuite, or similar ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Experience in managing & mentoring a team
- Self-motivated, personable, organized, & a team player
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.