About your role:
The Head of Data & Programmatic Sales will drive all sales efforts with data & private marketplaces. The purpose of this role is to bring in deals that leverage our proprietary embed, unique inventory & first party data. The role will involve working with SSPs, DSPs, Agency Trading Desks & data exchanges.
This role will report to SVP of Sales.
Challenges & Opportunities for the position
The role offers a massive opportunity to grow out our buy-side business & bring in consistent PMP & guaranteed data revenue. This person will work hand in hand with direct sales organization to maximize total revenue for Fandom. In addition to optimizing our current PMP strategy, this sales leader will be tasked with developing a data monetization strategy.
- Guide & drive use of audience data to impact media strategies for client account(s) based on overall objectives
- Understand how platform/data technologies work & offer the ability to explain in ordinary terms (be technically savvy - understand the opportunities & limitations)
- Identify opportunities industry learning, meet with vendors & provide a POV, with a client lens & in desired format -- education/evangelize the findings
- Oversee relationship with DMP (Data Management Platform) & Ad Tech Solutions
- Partner with teams to support DSP, & Data/Analytics partnerships
- Drive data strategy & integration into media plans focused on audience details
- Leverage relationships with agencies, buyers & DSPs to secure always on PMP deals to run across our inventory
- Consistently optimize PMP campaigns to deliver the best results
- Work with product to develop new features aimed at increasing revenue
- Consistently monitor the industry to understand new trends & innovation
- Provide all necessary campaign information to Ad Ops & Account Management team for campaign execution
- Previous experience in selling programmatic media is a MUST
- Experience in pricing & packaging 1st party data to clients & the marketplace
- Familiarity with selling PMPs & programmatic guaranteed on programmatic exchanges
- Experience selling deals based on audience segment targeting
- Sell data segments from proprietary DMP on data exchanges
- Proven ability at closing programmatic deals & retaining customer spend
- 6-10 years experience in online advertising technology sales. 4 that include people / sales management.
- 10-12 years overall business experience in sales, business development or account management preferably in online advertising, trading desk and/or data sales organizations.
- Eagerness to work in a startup team environment that will be rapidly changing.
- Demonstrated development of meaningful partnerships with a diverse client base & proven track record as a trusted advisor to brands & agencies.
- Professional oral & written communication skills.
- High degree of creativity, self-motivation, & drive.
- BS or BA required & advanced degree desirable.
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches & Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies & healthy food options
- Employee Interest & Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.