PDT Partners, a quantitative investment manager, seeks an analytical, detail & team oriented Corporate Accountant to join our management companys accounting team. This is a great opportunity to hone existing accounting, analysis, & reporting skills, while diving deeply into the financial operations of a global hedge fund.
Sitting at the center of PDTs business operations, the Corporate Accountant will work closely with almost every team at PDT, on both budgeting & financial planning, as well as ad-hoc analysis projects. The hedge fund industry itself is complex, so youll also get a lot of exposure to the specialized tax laws we encounter.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar twenty-five year track record & a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the worldmeasured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDTs extremely high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually exceptional & our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, & diverse.
- Managing the budgeting, forecasting & financial planning & analysis processes
- Oversee books & records of the management company & GP
- Responsible for regulatory reporting for the management company
- Work closely with external accountants on tax compliance & auditing
- Partner with the Procurement Team to properly track assets
- Work with Fund Accounting team on repayment of the fund expense allocation
- Preparation of financial statements
- 3 5 years of accounting experience - hedge fund experience not required
- CPA preferred
- Highly-proficient in Excel, & familiarity with other database applications
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Strong organizational & execution skills
- Analytically-inclined & keenly interested in problem-solving
- Process & improvement-oriented