We are currently seeking an iOS Developer to join our Engineering team. The Developer will work with the rest of the team in contributing to the strategy, development, & design of our mobile apps.
What youll do:
- Develop new features in our iOS apps
- Create tools, utilities & reusable components for other developers on the team to use
- Monitor problems, diagnose, track down & fix bugs
- Review code written by others to spot problems & ensure quality
- Write unit tests to ensure consistent results where appropriate
- Participate in the design process: make suggestions & address practicality of designs
- Focus on applications targeted towards consumers, designers, as well as dealers within the luxury goods industry
- Develop, prototype, & test new ideas, & remain at the forefront of mobile tech trends
What you'll bring:
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience building native iOS applications
- Ability to work remotely now, then in our NYC office once the COVID-19 pandemic is under control
- Ability to solve problems & turn solutions into clean, reusable, maintainable code in Swift
- Ability to read, find problems in, & modify Objective-C code
- Ability to troubleshoot & fix performance bottlenecks
- Experience creating custom UI & animations on iOS
Not a must, but definitely a plus!
- Experience working on one high-usage app in the App Store or several non-trivial, professional apps
- Experience writing & debugging multi-threaded code
- Experience with SwiftUI
- Experience with source code management - preferably Git
- Experience within fast-paced consumer-facing brands
- Experience with eCommerce
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.