Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, & thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
Cockroach Labs is looking for a Senior Compensation Manager to manage & scale our global compensation programs. In this role, youll have the opportunity to impact how we attract & retain international talent. You will work directly with the People Operations team & management to identify & address compensation issues & evangelize our total rewards program & compensation philosophy.
- Manage & execute the administration, communication, education of our total rewards & compensation program in all current & future geographic locations: including the United States, Canada, the UK, & Australia.
- Analyze market trends & benchmarking to monitor effectiveness & prepare recommendations for cash, bonus, & equity according to our compensation framework & philosophy.
- Manage semi-annual compensation review cycles.
- Complete market survey submissions.
- Serve as a data-minded resource for the HR team to manage compensation reporting metrics & tools to inform business decisions to forecast & analyze our compensation programs outcomes.
- Provide subject-matter expertise & be a strong strategic partner cross-functionally with HR Business Partners, managers, Recruiting, & employees on compensation-related questions & issues.
In your first 30 days, you will assess our current compensation philosophy & analyze where we are with our approach to compensation today. You will partner directly with the People Operations & Recruiting teams to ensure we attract & retain our talent through our compensation practices & programs. You will also lead the relationship with our external compensation partners.
In your next 30 days, you will look forward to our bi-annual compensation cycle & determine improvements that will need to be made to support this cycle. You will ensure you have the tools, data, & resources in place to run an effective global compensation program.
After 3 months, youll be fully integrated into the team. You will have gained the knowledge to position yourself as the evangelist of our total rewards program & compensation philosophy at Cockroach Labs.
- 8 years in HR with at least 5 years experience in a compensation role.
- Expertise in Excel & proven ability to build & maintain compensation models & other people data metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with total discretion.
- Experience in a global technology company preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Previous experience managing compensation for a Pre-IPO company in hyper-growth preferred.
- Strong attention to detail & analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to listen & empathize with others & anticipate, respond, & pivot to both the employees & the businesss needs.
- Resilience & are a go-getter who can own a project with varying levels of instruction & run with it.
Reporting to Lauren Weber, Manager, People Operations
Lauren is a culture vulture. Whether youre talking organizations, foods, or places... she likes to keep up with what's delicious, fun, & interesting. Born & raised in Kentucky, her career has spanned industries (government, nonprofit, education, tech) & locations (Berlin, District of Columbia, San Francisco, New York). Cringeworthy old-school HR stories are what make Lauren passionate about ensuring Roachers are supported & engaged by our people processes & programs.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.