What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Social Media & Community Associate to join our growing team!
About Your Team
As a member of the creative team, the Social Media & Community Associate owns management & growth of our social communities. You will be responsible for sourcing, producing, curating, scheduling, & tracking social media content across all platforms & serving as a liaison between BlockFi & our brand community. You'll collaborate cross-functionally to bring compelling narratives & educational material to followers & influencers across social channels. Were looking for a crypto enthusiast who thrives in a fast-paced environment with a proven track record of success growing social media for a brand. Also, someone whos good at tweeting.
The ideal candidate will have the following experiences & abilities:
- Create & manage a social media calendar with a large focus on Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, & LinkedIn
- Build & maintain a brand community by proactively engaging with audience across platforms
- Deliver on the social media strategy & execute across all BlockFi managed social media channels
- Collaborate with internal & external stakeholders to develop omnichannel content that nurtures leads, increases engagement, & ultimately drives user growth
- Uphold BlockFi social voice consistently across all channels
- Create & drive campaign strategies to increase social engagement
- Source potential partnerships to drive brand awareness & reach
- Monitor, research, & stay ahead of industry developments, creative trends, culturally relevant moments, & emerging conversations to push our social media efforts forward & stay top of mind
- Define metrics & KPIs to measure the success & impact of our efforts across channels
- Manage data analysis, reporting, & third-party tools associated with our social channels
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Deep knowledge of the social media and cryptocurrency space
- At least 2+ years of social media and/or community management experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- A passion for educating users about financial products & services
- Demonstrated ability to create & deliver engaging social media content
- Experience with social media technologies
- Strong organization skills & attention to detail
- Extraordinary written & verbal communication
- Knack for distilling complex topics into succinct, jargon-free messaging (that people want to share!)
- Ingrained in pop culture & the latest trends
- Ability to interpret data using analytics & reporting tools to measure & turn into actionable insights to optimize content performance
- Bonus points: A sense of humor & quick with it
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand