Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquares business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; & drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter & Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide & Swarm. Over the past 10 years, weve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map & models fresh & up-to-date.
About this position:
Foursquare is looking for an adept Program Manager to lead, report on, & deliver strategic programs primarily within our Product & Engineering organizations. Sample programs include Privacy (CCPA, GDPR), AWS Cost Management, & Software Development Process Improvement.
We're looking for someone technical who can communicate effectively, distill requirements from requests, establish program roadmaps, resolve challenges, & act as a positive driver to improve the overall quality of our organization. A passion to develop a working knowledge of our technology, strong communication skills, & pragmatic eye for process optimization will lead to success in this role.
- Build out program plans, categorize work into appropriate programs/projects, & build/track against a roadmap.
- Proactively communicate status & drive the resolution of challenges to unblock/clear bottlenecks.
- Ensure appropriate level of communication & initiative is taking place across stakeholders & owners of interdependent work streams.
- Identify & escalate tasks without clear ownership, or possibly take responsibility when necessary to help ensure that critical asks are delivered.
- Assess risk & identify/escalate/resolve blockers
- Must be able & willing to fill in as a Project Manager and/or Scrum Master capacity as necessary.
- 3+ years of experience in Program Management for strategic initiatives in software product engineering environments. Leading programs from inception to delivery & run.
- Understanding of various management frameworks/methodologies & how/when to apply.
- Clear & concise communication with adequate experience/foresight to assess long-term impact of proposals/actions.
- Extremely organized & detail oriented.
- Ability to help teams with project organization, estimation, & fostering healthy Agile practices - especially using Jira.
- Ability to run focused meetings, facilitate discussion & present to senior leadership.
- Experience as a Project Manager and/or Scrum Master.
- Must be comfortable with managing/prioritizing your own work in an environment with potentially broad requests to best meet expectations & drive success.
- Self-driven & confident in ability to execute.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to be a part of building our company & the products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.