GROUP NINE is seeking a talented, hard-working, innovative, pixel-perfect Senior Visual Designer to join our creative team in New York. The Senior Designer will be responsible for creating unique & compelling designs for a large range of projects, verticals, & brand franchises. This person will work closely with other designers, art directors, & cross-functional teams to achieve design goals across all projects. This role is dedicated to a special partnership between GROUP NINE, L'ORAL USA, & L'ORAL PARIS.
GROUP NINE is a fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different. Were looking for a Senior Designer that is passionate & ready to jump in & be creative!
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for designing visually engaging, innovative & functional editorial assets across Makeup.com, Skincare.com & Beauty Magazine, as well as their corresponding social media platforms.
- Create pixel perfect assets based on the submitted design brief such as:
- Social Media Content (Instagram/Instagram Stories, Facebook, etc)
- Dedicated Emails
- Assets for Homepage Modules & Carousels
- Google Slides Deck Design
- Content for Sweepstakes & Giveaway Landing Pages
- Crop & retouch daily homepage assets including stock, original photography & custom designed product round-ups.
- Coordinate design delivery across all sites & social, supporting the Art Director & Associate Creative Director to ensure that work gets delivered on time & to a high standard.
- Stay on top of current & emerging design trends when ideating for sites & social.
- Responsible for concepting & implementing new brand franchises across all editorial sites & their corresponding social media platforms.
- Collaborate & communicate with the editorial team & junior designers regarding design assets & article design ideas.
- Follow & maintain brand identity characteristics such as the typography, color palette, & design treatments for each brand.
- Keep working files organized & follow best practices for file prepping/delivery.
- Source & collaborate with freelance illustrators & designers, working with the Associate Creative Producer to manage the design direction & workflow of contracted work.
IDEA GENERATION AND TEAMWORK:
- Inspire other designers through creativity, action & mentorship.
- Attend weekly creative meetings, brainstorms & design reviews.
- Take design direction from the Art Director & Associate Creative Director to improve visual composition
- Contribute new ideas for design treatments, planning, & strategy with the team
- Passion for photography & strong eye for composition
- Interest in beauty, culture, fashion, & lifestyle
- Professional & collaborative communication style across teams
- REQUIRED: Portfolio featuring examples of digital & print work. NOTE: Any candidates that do not provide a portfolio link (or PDF) will automatically be rejected
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic design for advertising, editorial, brand, or a media company
- Passionate about design & committed to making beautiful work!
- Exceptional work ethic & attention to detail
- Excellent typography/composition skills. Hand lettering and/or illustration skills are a plus!
- Strong time management skills & ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Adobe Suite & Google Slides
- Ability to stay ahead of trends & adapt to ever-changing digital landscape
- Experience working with beauty brands (and an overall love for all things beauty + fashion) is a plus!
Why Work at Group Nine:
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.