Job Description|Additional Information
Do you like working with big data & using it to drive decisions that impact the lives of people every day? Pluralsight's Experience Strategy team is charged with providing data-driven insights & strategic recommendations to shape the future of the learning experience that we deliver daily to 1M users across 150+ countries.
This role is bigger than creating dashboards. It will play a critical role in driving decision making. Specifically, the role will support the Product organization & focus on measuring user engagement to help improve product performance & support strategic business objectives.
Who you are committed to being:
- Pathologically data-driven.
- Voraciously curious. Constantly learning, exploring new concepts for growth & impact.
- Entrepreneurial. Scrappily finding opportunities & getting things done.
- Humble & thoughtful enough to pivot when the data suggest a change.
- Quick, yet collaborative. Gets things done without alienating collaborators.
- A systems-thinker. Always watching for second-order implications.
- A teacher. Evangelizing user engagement analysis, & helping others see the vision.
What you'll own:
- Make data-driven recommendations to the Product organization on how to improve the user experience & business performance based on an understanding of the entire ecosystem, not just one feature or data point.
- Serve as a quantitative balance throughout the entire product development process (research, design, implement, & iteration).
- Define, build, analyze, & monitor new KPIs that inform product strategy.
- Analyze & report on user behavior to non-technical business partners.
- Collect, process, clean, transform & validate data from a variety of sources so that it can be used for analysis by the team & the business.
- Coordinate, validate, & monitor Adobe Analytics site tracking parameters/implementation.
- Understand Pluralsight business, product strategy, data, & tools.
- Create & validate ETL pipelines based on client side data to generate views/tables.
- Develop, document, & implement data models that drive deep & holistic understanding of how users engage with our ecosystem via a mix of deterministic/statistical methods, models, & algorithms using Python, R, or Scala
Experience you'll need:
- Ideally, BA/BS degree in either a CS, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or another quantitative discipline.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics reporting consoles.
- Solid understanding of client-side analytics tracking & event/metadata tagging strategies.
- Experience debugging differences between the client-side data layer & the analytics reporting console.
- Ability to understand & articulate how data points & product features interrelate & impact other larger systems or user behaviors.
- Experience with data management platforms (e.g. AWS, Hadoop, PostgreSQL, BigQuery)
- Expertise writing, tuning & maintaining complex SQL statements
- Expertise in a programming language (Python, Scala, Java) for statistical analysis, data pipeline management, & analytics implementation.
- Ability to programmatically manipulate & analyze large complex data sets from a variety of sources. This includes both ad hoc analysis as well as long form presentations.
- Experience with data warehousing architecture, modeling, pipeline & ETL processes & tools.
- Excellent at communicating/breaking-down complex data & its implications to technical team members & non-technical business partners.
- Some experience using Tableau.
- Ability to prioritize tasks & projects in an environment with sporadic needs
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 & trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations & individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft & take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles & become scalable, reliable & secure. We come to work everyday knowing we're helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us & our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, & we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics & trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, & peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds & experiences, & united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.