Flashpoint delivers Business Risk Intelligence (BRI) to empower organizations worldwide with meaningful intelligence & information that combats threats & adversaries. The companys sophisticated technology, advanced data collections, & human-powered analysis uniquely enables large enterprises & the public sector to bolster cybersecurity, confront fraud, detect insider threats & build insider threat programs, enhance corporate & physical security, improve executive protection, & address vendor risk & supply chain integrity. For more information, visit https://www.flashpoint-intel.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @FlashpointIntel.
What we are looking for:
For this role, we specifically want software engineers who are interested in bridging the gap between building modular, efficient systems, primarily within cloud-based environments, & working directly with our analysts to collect relevant information from publicly available internet sources. We want candidates who live & breathe both online culture & software development culture.
Below is more about the role we have in mind.
What you will do:
- Nurture, refactor, & expand our systems to handle new, varied data models, while maintaining sensible code abstractions & improving the efficiency of our operations
- Work with analysts to identify important trends from the threat landscape & to explore them
- Evaluate the fluidity, priority, & trends in internet technologies & protocols, & understand their data models well enough to intuit what their value is
- Drive down total time taken for processing (code optimization & refactoring), deployment (smoother CI/CD pipelines), & other SLAs (delivery to clients via our infrastructure)
- Improve our tooling for monitoring the health & efficiency of our systems
- Write empathetic documentation & runbooks to enable your team to be force multipliers for each other
- Help bring in new technologies & develop innovative approaches to the data challenges we face
- Apply your honesty, strong sense of morals & ethics, & sense of responsibility towards making Flashpoint & those around you smarter, stronger, & kinder
What you will bring:
- 1 to 3 years experience contributing to production systems or other relevant experience
- Proficiency in Python
- Enjoyment for working in a close-knit, highly -communicative & -collaborative team
- A coding personality that excels at debugging & applying glue in engineering gaps
- Experience using headless browsers, Selenium, or the requests & BeautifulSoup Python packages
- An organized work ethic
- Comfort with online communities, the Deep & Dark Web, & social media
- Comfort with writing defensive code that can handle malformed markup, slow network conditions, & edge cases
- Comfort with non-deterministic input
- A humble attitude & persistence to learn & to Get Stuff Done Right
What else would be great:
- Understanding of Layer 7 & the browser application as it relates to web servers, typically learned through front-end & API experience
- Code samples relating to client interaction with third-party applications
- Experience developing or using security tools, or any type of security-oriented background
- Past training in intelligence analysis
- A passion for staying up-to-date on current events, particularly for reporting about cybersecurity, federal law enforcement cases, national security, gaming community tech, & social networking
What we will provide:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, ability, & role responsibilities. Additional perks include health & welfare benefits, 401K, commuter benefits, a well-stocked kitchen, cool cultural initiatives & employee events.