Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
About the role:
As a Principal Data Scientist at HelloFresh, you will support the acquisition & retention strategy of one of the fastest-growing e-commerce businesses in the US. Data-driven decision making is at the core of our company culture & you will have a fundamental part in shaping our success extracting insights from terabyte-scale databases.
Embedded in the NYC Tech Hub, we are building a cross-functional team of data scientists, analysts, & engineers with the mission to bring the experimentation capabilities of our organization to the next level.
You will ...
- Provide thought leadership on experimental & non-experimental test design & analysis across marketing analytics topics.
- Innovate testing practices, & evangelize adoption within analytics teams & across the organization
- Design A/B tests & complex randomized experiments (e.g., factorial designs) to optimize our customer communication & our digital product.
- Own the complete test design process, from sample size estimation through deployment, analysis & reporting. Work hand in hand with product owners & business strategy leaders.
- Explore & analyze customer behavior & digital metrics in order to detect growth opportunities for the HelloFresh product & improve user experience.
You are ...
- An active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Data Scientists, & Business Intelligence teams
- Able to develop an in-depth understanding of HelloFreshs core product & architecture, & act as a thought leader for state of the art testing methods & industry best practices.
You have ...
- Phd / MSc in a scientific discipline with a strong focus on experimentation & causal inference (e.g., Econometrics, Epidemiology / Biostatistics, Neuroscience, Statistics, Political Science, Psychology, Physics)
- 8+ years experience conducting A/B tests & experiments in a tech company ( e-commerce or direct to consumer business setting)
- Solid grasp of advanced statistical concepts (e.g., Bayesian statistics; sequential testing; multilevel & generalized linear models; timeseries; bootstrapping)
- Ability to perform data analysis in Python or R (required); proficiency using SQL (required).
- Strong understanding of digital metrics & web tracking. Expertise in Google Analytics (required).
- Understanding of data visualization best practices, proficient with BI Platforms (Tableau preferred).
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate complex analyses to both technical & non-technical stakeholders, including senior leadership.
Youll get ...
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company-sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.