Salivating at the thought of building relationships while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
- Manage day to day operational needs for our Less than Container Load (LCL) consolidations across the world
- Manage exceptions within the LCL consolidation & deconsolidation process
- Continuously identify & execute on efficiencies;
- Continuously drive to deliver on our promise of Free Trade Through Technology
- Contract tracking & auditing; collaborate with domestic & international partners & vendors
- Work closely with Global Pricing & Procurement team in San Francisco on pricing for Flexport world-wide RFQs (bids for new business);
You should have:
- BA/BS degree & 1-2 year of experience at a top consulting firm, e-commerce space, at a freight consolidator or a freight forwarding company is preferred
- Strategic vision & ground floor execution;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills.
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed.
- Next-level attention to detail.
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.