As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
As an Account Director, Growth at Vox Media, you will join a team that is high-energy & positively competitive -- hungry to break new business & retain & optimize the partners already working with Vox Media. Your primary responsibility is to drive revenue with partners by providing solutions that build our clients' businesses & brands.
You will use your expertise & knowledge to work with our most trusted partners to unlock the full potential of their brands through a unique blend of premier content offerings, high-value audiences, cutting-edge technology, & a deep product portfolio.
This is a high-energy job requiring persistent & persuasive interactions with clients, deep digital, social & programmatic expertise, proven sales skills, & the ability to work independently & collaboratively with internal teams to close deals.
What Youll Do:
- Develop new relationships at all levels with agency & client partners.
- Prospect, including the ability to qualify & close new accounts
- Build & maintain a strong knowledge of Vox Medias advertising products & solutions.
- Adhere to a focused sales strategy & thrive on RFP volume
- Be proactive with partners consistently bringing them solutions-oriented products to meet their business challenges.
- Manage the proposal & media plan process, ensuring highly relevant & creative solutions for partners.
- Work closely with your senior management to manage internal revenue expectations & forecasting.
- Manage a sales pipeline with timely & accurate forecasting
- Consistently communicate market feedback
What Youll Need:
- At least 3+ years of digital media experience in a sales or sales support role
- Experience at a leading publisher, technology or social media platform is preferred
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Extremely self-motivated
- Excellent time management skills
- Natural curiosity & never ending thirst to learn
- Strong virtual & in-person presentation skills
- Be coachable
- Ability to provide consistent market feedback
- Keen ability to listen & provide a consultative selling approach
- Great question-asking skills
- Communicate with & build rapport with an entirely remote team
- Strong track record of success driving revenue through discovering, prospecting, creating new business & growing & retaining existing business
- Strong writing skills to craft presentations
- Strong negotiation skills & an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client
- Passion & knowledge of the online advertising industry
- Willingness to travel as necessary (when travel resumes)
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.