About the Team
Harrys vision is to build a next generation CPG company, investing in, building, & owning a portfolio of omnichannel modern brands across multiple categories, similar to how weve done with the Harry's brand. The company plans to leverage its platform & capabilities, & partner with exceptional entrepreneurs to launch a number of new disruptive brands in new categories in the coming years. We have teams located in NYC, London & Eisfeld (Germany). We are looking to find an exceptional leader for this talented crew & this is where you come in.
About the Role
As our Chief Accounting Officer you will be a key leader on our Global Finance team. In addition to managing a global team of over 25 ambitious, smart & driven people, youll be responsible for the strategic direction of the controlling, reporting, audit & tax organizations. Specifically, you will be critical to developing the team with the right people, processes & technology helping us meet the expanding needs of the company, including driving towards an initial public offering. You will also actively participate in strategic transactions that we pursue. We are looking for a candidate that has seen all this before & knows what good looks like for us to constantly improve.
What you will accomplish:
- Together with the CFO & VP of Finance, you serve as a key member of the finance leadership team & drive cross functional initiatives to support the growth & success of the company. We will need to both collaborate together & divide & conquer to achieve all of our goals.
- Lead & continue to build out the Global Finance team.
- Manage each team to set goals, assign accountability & assess performance.
- Promote a culture of high performance & continuous improvement
- Drive IPO readiness initiatives
- Prepare monthly, quarterly & annual financial statements.
- Lead thoughtful internal share outs of the financial results at the end of each month & present them to the executive leadership team.
- Review new accounting pronouncements with a view towards constantly improving our financial reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of the Board of directors materials.
- Preparation of ad hoc financial analysis to assist in data driven business decisions.
- Develop process & technology to support thoughtful corporate allocations & centralized service charges.
- Directs the evolution of FICO systems with regards to financial data, reporting & internal controls.
- Own the relationship & be primary liaison with the external auditors.
- Drive the quarterly reviews & annual audit cadence.
- Establish an internal audit function.
- Establish an audit committee of the Board of Directors.
- Manage the financial close process.
- Directs all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to the general ledger.
- Partnering with the CFO to determine accounting & tax implications for all material business decisions.
- Review financial statements & ensure they are accurate & free of any errors.
- Build out a comprehensive internal control environment.
- Analyze accounts & suggest improvements to reduce costs & increase profit.
- Assist in explaining month & ytd variance analysis.
- Build out an internal tax function supplementing our network of external resources.
- Address our global growth ambitions in a tax efficient manner.
- Assist in setting & overseeing our internal transfer pricing schemes.
- Manage tax compliance, audits & disputes.
This should describe you:
- A Bachelors degree in accounting from an accredited four-year college. A masters degree is a bonus.
- 10+ years experience in a senior accounting position with knowledge of US GAAP & some familiarity with UK & German GAAP.
- Active CPA license in good standing.
- Auditing experience a top CPA firm
- You have been a public company Corporate Controller or CAO. Experience drafting & reviewing SEC documents. Ideally you have been through an IPO process in one of your prior roles.
- Excellent Leadership Skills: You own your responsibilities. You possess the qualities that inspire confidence & trust. You have the ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Strong written & verbal communications skills - you know how to communicate effectively to a wide variety of audiences.
- An Innovative, Strategic & Operational Mindset: You are always interested in & involved with operational issues & how they affect the Accounting function; you not only participate in developing strategies to support a growth plan but you also bring rational, objective judgment to bear on tough issues & decisions.
- Roll-Up-The-Sleeves Style: You enjoy an entrepreneurial atmosphere that requires you to pitch in to get the job done & to be comfortable in an environment with lean staffing.
- Comfort Level with Information Technology: You always use technology to improve access to information needed to run the business; you have deep knowledge of automated financial & accounting reporting systems
- Solid Interpersonal Skills: Your culture sensitivity skills enable you to get along with people at all levels of the organization. You celebrate your teams success & you empathize with them during hard times..
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Chief Financial Officer
- Substantial exposure to the executive team at Harrys
- Managing the global controllers, financial reporting & tax functions
- Working closely with cross-functional partners across the organization
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.