At Lyft, the community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Trustable & creative payment processing powers Lyft marketplace for outstanding transportation experiences. We are looking for experienced Software Engineering Managers to join our team & create improvements at scale in a collaborative environment - helping us scale systems that deal with real-time pay processing, creative FinTech solutions & super reliability in the payments area.
The Pay Platform team aims to create a trustworthy & malleable payment platform, provide services & easy to use API for Lyft teams to create innovative solutions & products. We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the team. You will lead a group of experienced engineers, & collaborate with your diverse counterparts to provide systems & products. If you are excited about payment systems, microservices & leading a team to create value for Lyft users, this is the role for you!
- Lead a team of accomplished engineers who like to ship code & tackle hard engineering problems
- Mentor & guide the development of your team members. Help develop their careers & assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, & goals
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, & respectful of each other
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, & recognize the strengths & contributions of your team members
- Create plans for prioritizing technical & resourcing challenges in your organization
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, visible projects & shipping things quickly
- Instill a spirit of improvement in the teams code, architecture, & processes
- Collaborate with the Lyft recruiting team to hire priority candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Create a large-scale pay processing engine
- Lead the latest FinTech solutions to increase growth
- Be the point person for essential components in payment processing system
- Bachelors, Masters in Computer Science or at least 7 years of industry experience building & shipping software
- 3+ years of experience with leading software engineering teams through tough problems, growing people & shipping software
- Expertise in at least one object-oriented programming language (e.g. Java, C++, or Python)
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage & database systems (NOSQL - bigtable, Spanner or other NoSQL data stores, kubernetes)
- Proficiency in algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, & software design
- Experience solving complex problems & leading a team in creating creative solutions
- Payments - Familiarity with payments & banking industry
- Core Infrastructure - Experience with developing large scalable distributed systems
- Familiarity with service-oriented architecture
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.