At Flexport, global trade is powered by data -- data that equips our clients with best-in-class visibility into their supply chains & helps them run their businesses effectively.
As an Ocean Trade Lane Associate, you will be a foundational member of the team, learning all aspects of the trade, mastering Flexports advanced tech systems, & working on the front lines to ensure Client Solutions teams - & by extension, Flexports clients - have the right solutions & the right prices so that supply chains run smoothly. You will be an expert in coordinating & executing the end-to-end procurement, solution design, rate setting, & implementation cycles for the geographys imports & exports. From fulfilling pricing requests to working directly with carriers, you will learn the breadth of our interaction with ocean carriers & bridge the gap between our clients & the fulfillment of ocean freight.
Coordinate & implement the end-to-end solutions designed for Flexport clients
- Develop ownership of the day-to-day supporting functions involved in working with ocean carriers & Flexport Client Solutions stakeholders
- Assist with new client implementation
- Procure rates for customer requests within our network of vendors (carriers & partners); ensure they are readily available in Flexports software
- Manage all types of rate quotations & work with vendors to find dynamic & creative solutions for customers
- Manage all rate databases, cost & sell; ensure integrity of data in both databases
Act as the first point of contact for all Ocean issues, requests, or questions & take the lead in reaching a resolution
- Act as the first point of contact for Client Solutions regarding Ocean escalations; resolve as quickly as possible or coordinate a resolution with an eye for mitigating future escalations of the same nature
- Triage incoming requests & solve where possible or provide direction to the appropriate team for resolution
- Monitor group emails, Slacks, & offer support wherever possible
Develop & maintain relationships with external vendors & carriers
- Interface with external vendors to procure rates & design solutions for Flexport customers, both internal & external
- Support the Trade Lane Manager in developing & maintaining excellent relationships with external vendors
- Maintain a pulse on the market regarding our vendors costs, capacity, & rate trends
- Develop professional expertise, apply company policies & procedures to resolve varied complexity while maintaining high customer satisfaction.
Contribute to process improvements
- Master all Flexport internal tools & databases for maintaining buy & sell rates
- Maintenance of ocean procurement documentation. This can include, but isnt limited to: organizational folders, procurement databases, charts, workflows, etc.
- Embody a can-do attitude at all times
You should have:
- Requires at least 1-3 year(s) of related experience. Bachelor's degree required or equivalent years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of product & technology within the industry
- Experience with regards to imports and/or exports from a sales, operational or procurement perspective.
- Experience building & maintaining relationships & partnerships with vendors
- Analytical skills & metric / data based approach to solving problems
- Strong analytical background & knowledge of analytical tools (Excel, etc)
- Strategic vision & ground floor execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make it easy & accessible for everyone. Were shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology & exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, were experiencing record growth & are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions & people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, & the environment? Come join us.