Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Earthport, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you'll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world's leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive.
Earthport is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks & payments businesses across six continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses the Group also provides tailored FX & payment solutions direct to corporates through its EarthportFX brand.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within & outside of the office, & whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Earthport & Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Earthport as Compliance Analyst, Transaction Monitoring, we want to hear from you.
You'rean individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays
*This is a part time role for 21 hours per week. The role is a mat cover for a one year fixed term contract with the possibility to extend for a further 6-8 months.*
What's it all about?
The purpose of the Group Risk & Compliance Function (GR&CF) is to assist senior management to effectively manage designated risks, & to support the business by being an expert trusted advisor, overseeing a robust, integrated & effective risk control framework.
The group risk control framework will include (but not necessarily be limited to):
- Financial Crime Compliance
- Credit; and
- Market risks
GR&CF has a remit to develop, implement, oversee & report on a group-wide risk management framework, working closely with the Audit, Risk & Compliance (ARC) board sub-committee.
The purpose of the Group Compliance Function (GCF) is to assist senior management to effectively manage Regulatory Compliance & Financial Crime risks, & to support the business by being an expert trusted advisor, overseeing a robust, integrated & effective compliance-risk control framework.
What we expect of you, day to day.
Compliance Analysts are responsible for delivery, maintenance & improvement of the compliance-risk control framework. Focus is on the following financial crime risks:
- Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF/Sanctions)
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC)
- Data Protection (DP)
And on the associated Know Your Customer (KYC) & Know Your Customer's Business (KYC/B) Counterparty Due Diligence (CDD) obligations; including but not limited to:
- On-boarding Counterparty Due Diligence
- Transaction Monitoring
- Suspicious activity identification, monitoring & reporting
What we expect of you, day to day.
Incumbents must (after appropriate training):
- Understand automated transaction monitoring tools, applying rules to enhance their effectiveness
- Engage with clients to understand customer activity following alerts or requests from bank partners Identify & internally escalate actual or suspected financial crime incidents
- Identify, investigate anomalous transaction patterns
- Identify, investigate, actual or suspected financial crime incidents
- Assist the Senior Compliance Managers with analysis of current & future monitoring requirements as required
- The risk-assessment of proposed markets, products & counterparties (clients & partners)
- Collation, assessment & recording of counterparty due diligence
- Other compliance officers with monitoring reviews & audits
- Other compliance officers with detailed resolution work re compliance issues, queries & concerns raised both internally & externally as directed by the Nominated Officer
- By committing to learning relevant compliance legislation & regulation, in particular, the 4th EU Money Laundering Directive & the 2015 EU Payment Services Directive (2015 PSD)
- Ad-hoc compliance project work (e.g. Data Protection, Fraud)
- Develop an understanding of EPO operations, payment processes & I.T (the Product)
What we're after
- Specific qualifications are not detailed. All qualifications offered will be considered regarding their applicability (e.g. GCSE's, A' levels, Vocational Qualifications etc.)
- Courteous & friendly nature (team player)
- Recognises the importance of attention to detail (regulatory environment)
- Motivated to learn & able to identify & utilise learning opportunities
- Able to work independently & efficiently to meet deadlines
- Ability to follow a process driven task
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Earthport is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.