Digital Managing Editor, Townsquare Media
Are you a passionate content creator with exceptional writing & editing expertise? Are you digital savvy with social media skills to match? If so, then keep reading!
We are a diversified media company looking for someone to oversee & maintain the digital platforms for our radio brands in the Albany, NY area. With a maniacal focus on consumer experience, this individual will work closely with our on-air talent to develop content for their shows, grow their brands online, & create the best possible experience for their audience across all platforms.
Do you bore easily? Not here. No two days are ever the same at Townsquare Media. As the Digital Managing Editor, one minute youll be editing an article about the ten best burgers in town, the next youll be implementing a new Facebook strategy, only to close out the day by teaching a DJ how to edit the video they shot while riding a roller coaster with the mayor.
This is an agile position that requires solid troubleshooting, good professional judgment, level-10 communication, & technical prowess. Patience is essential, as is a great sense of humor this is radio after all, not a library! (Not that theres anything wrong with libraries. We love libraries. Seriously. Theyre the best.) This is not a typical webmaster position.
This position reports to the local Market President.
A typical day will include:
- Partner with teams of on-air & digital talent to create text, photo, video & interactive content for the local community across the site, mobile platforms & social media. Work to make sure those great ideas are harnessed online.
- Provide consistent training, coaching & education for our on-air & digital talent on the latest internet trends (ex: Facebook posting strategy or strategies for search engine optimization) & educate staff on company policies (ex: copyright law & digital requirements).
- Coordinate with local sales & content teams to make sure that all station & market initiatives have an engaging digital component.
- Study analytics to make data-driven content choices & optimize local digital strategy.
- Be at the forefront of content creation every single day.
- Five years of online editorial experience with exceptional writing, editing, SEO skills
- Strong grasp of how to use popular social media networks (like Facebook Twitter, Instagram & YouTube) to promote content
- Must be a consummate multi-tasker (with excellent communication skills) who is understanding of the ever-changing culture of the internet
- Ability to prioritize & focus under fast-paced pressure, while managing multiple tasks & projects
- Strong troubleshooting & problem solving skills, editorially & technologically
- Proficiency in the use of digital technology, including online publishing platforms
- An understanding of the ever-changing culture of the internet
- Must have great communication skills, obsessive attention to detail & a sense of humor (Again, this is the radio business, we like to have fun!)
Please include writing samples when applying.
Townsquare is a diversified media, entertainment & digital marketing services company that owns & operates radio, digital & live event properties. The Company specializes in creating & distributing original entertainment, music & lifestyle content. Its assets include 309 radio stations & over 325 local companion websites in 66 small to mid-sized markets, a national portfolio of music & entertainment digital properties reaching over 50 million US unique visitors monthly, including Taste of Country, XXL Mag, Diffuser.fm, Ultimate Classic Rock, Loudwire, The FW, GuySpeed, ScreenCrush & PopCrush, approximately 550 live music & non-music events annually, & Seize the Deal, an E-commerce business. Additionally, Townsquare also operates Townsquare Cares, a non-profit organization that seeks to better the lives of troops & their families.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Medias employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.