When was the last time you really tried to save your company money when booking a trip? Like you, the vast majority of employees optimize for comfort & convenience, spending at the high end of their policy limits. So how can a company get its employees to care about expenses & save without implementing draconian policies?
The answer is Rocketrip. We're a NYC-based startup that rewards business travelers for cost-sensitive behavior. It's a win-win: companies save, while employees cash in with real rewards.
We're looking for a Product Manager who is excited about our mission of transforming workplace behavior by unlocking the power of rewards. As the Product Manager for our API Services squad, you'll work with Engineering, Customer Success, Technical Services & Product Design to prioritize, conceptualize, plan & execute on initiatives that maximize the value of our platform for travelers & travel managers.
Our ideal candidate loves rolling up their sleeves & digging into data, is constantly strategizing around where the business & industry is heading next, and is experienced in making data-driven decisions that drive growth in the B2B2C SaaS space.
- Eat, sleep, & breathe travel data. Be excited about learning industry standards so you can help create new ones.
- Find opportunities to create value within our travel pricing algorithm & through integrations with key external partners.
- Work with our machine learning team to build features that learn from our data, creating the corporate travel solutions of tomorrow.
- Be instrumental in helping define the product vision & strategy. You will sit at the intersection of strategy, external partners, marketplace needs, & engineering resources.
- Define & manage your own product roadmap, setting expectations with internal & external stakeholders.
- Leverage data/analytics to make decisions, but know how to make the call when all the data isn't there.
- 2+ years experience in product management at a fast-paced technology company.
- Experience with both Agile & lean software development methodologies.
- Strong communicator with proven ability to drive both strategy & implementation.
- Strong quantitative background with proven ability to make data-informed decisions.
- Naturally curious with proven success in highly creative environments.
- Experience working on SaaS and/or B2B2C software products.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Entrepreneurial drive & demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative, fast paced environment.
- Prior operations or strategy experience.
- Travel domain expertise a nice to have.
Founded in 2013 & headquartered in New York City, Rocketrip is revolutionizing business travel by introducing the motivation to save. We're a group of tech innovators who looked at the current state of business travel, became frustrated by the antiquated employee & employer experiences, & decided to do something big about it. Our team is focused on utilizing technology, design & data to align employee & company interests.
Rocketrip is backed by a renowned set of investors & advisors, including GV, Bessemer Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, Genacast Ventures, & Y Combinator.