What you build & where it takes you shouldn't be limited by the capabilities of your database. We created CockroachDB to be the most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet. Making scale so simple, you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient, it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of databaseone born in the cloud & built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, & thrive everywhere.
About the Role
Cockroach Labs is looking for a Head of Global Sales Development to lead our highly visible & motivated SDR team across multiple markets. This person will develop the strategic initiatives that drive outbound lead generation & inbound conversions for our sales organization while serving as a bridge between the Sales & Marketing teams. The right person for this role is someone who loves to build repeatable processes, has a data-driven mindset, & is excited to take our SDR team through this next stage of growth successfully.
- Take an analytical approach to building repeatable processes that drive efficiency at evert stage of the funnel
- Motivate & develop SDRs & SDR Managers in order to exceed goals through coaching, incentives & clear growth paths.
- Plan, forecast, & measure ramp-adjusted capacity to ensure the team is grown effectively, in tandem with the needs of our sales organization.
- Build a world-class sales development team by recruiting, training, & developing a global team of SDRs & Sales Development Managers.
- Effectively manage paths for career advancement within the sales development functions as well as to closing sales roles.
- Partner with marketing, sales, & People Ops to ensure SDR onboarding program & ongoing training is up-to-date on our current product offering.
- Partner with revenue & marketing operations to ensure the SDR team has the best tools to do their job, & that they are configured to optimize SDR efficiency & productivity
- Maintain ongoing analysis of inbound & outbound lead generation performance.
In your first 30 days, you will immerse yourself in our market & product, CockroachDB, so you can gain proficiency in our product & how we make it easier for companies to build & scale apps. You will also begin to build relationships with various individuals & teams at Cockroach Labs to build trust & establish connections.
After 3 months, you will be fully integrated into the team. You will be an active partner to our GTM leaders & will have begun initiating new projects & processes around SDR performance, enablement, & operations.
- Exceptional analytical skills a passion for process improvement
- 8-10+ years working in a high-growth SaaS sales environment or similar space
- 5+ years of experience leading & developing an inbound/outbound sales development team at scale with experience managing managers
- Proven track record of delivering sales pipeline for enterprise & commercial accounts
- Ability to drive cross-functional alignment & coordination across sales & marketing teams
- Ability to attract, retain, & motivate exceptional SDRs & Sales Development Managers
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.