Build the solutions to help Flexport grow
The Ecosystem teams mission is to make information exchange in global trade easy for everyone by efficiently, securely & reliably connecting the Flexport Platform with the external Global Trade Ecosystem.
We are looking for a talented Solutions Architect to join our team. In this role you will work closely with Flexport vendors & third parties, their systems, & our operations teams to design the integrated solutions that drive business value & improve supply chain workflows.
Integrating our best in class platform seamlessly with our logistics partners is a critical component of our strategy. Our integrated solutions bring end to end automation in the information exchange that is required between us & our partners, eliminating slow & error prone manual workflows. This requires the Flexport platform to be fully integrated with those of Air Carriers, Ocean Carriers, Rail carriers, Trucking partners, Warehouse operators & other logistics partners & global trade data providers. The success of our team is measured by the extent to which information exchange between Flexport & our logistics partners is reliably & effectively automated, reducing cost to serve for our operations teams.
- Develop data integration expertise in the logistics space & a deep understanding of Flexports capabilities
- Proactively manage systems integration projects with vendors & 3rd parties from discovery & requirements analysis through SIT, UAT & go-live
- Work with technical & operations stakeholders within various carriers & logistics partners to design & document complex technical & functional integrations
- Lead projects that can accommodate the wide variety of traditional & modern integration technologies in use by various logistics partners from flat files, EDI X12, EDIFACT, REST & SOAP APIs
- Compose functional requirements, data flow designs, use-cases & test scenarios for integrated solutions & solicit sign-off from operations & partners
- Provide consultative guidance to partners & vendors using Flexports public-facing APIs
- Develop collateral, best practices & reusable integrations multi-partner re-use, comprehensive message coverage, supportability & scalability
- Collaborate with Operations, Product Management & Engineering to create feedback loops to improve integration usage & business impact
You should have:
- 5+ years software or technology experience in a Solutions Architect or similar role delivering integration solutions to enterprise systems
- Practical experience using REST APIs
- Familiarity with transmission protocols (FTP, SFTP, AS2, etc.), payload / file formats (JSON, XML, delimited files, etc.) & ETL concepts
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable presenting to both technical & executive audiences of all levels, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations & demos
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, related fields or equivalent experience
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy & enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
Bonus points if you have:
- Prior experience in logistics and/or global trade
- Experience delivering solutions with enterprise integration platforms such as Dell Boomi or similar
- Practical experience with EDI ANSI X12 & EDIFACT standards for logistics industry
- Experience integrating enterprise systems with suppliers & vendor
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make it easy & accessible for everyone. Were shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology & exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, were experiencing record growth & are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions & people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, & the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.