As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Software Test Engineer is part of the Clearing & Settlement Test Engineering team based in Austin, TX, USA.We are in need of a highly motivated & skilled Senior Software Test Engineer that is passionate on using modern software engineering & testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users.
The successful candidate will support Test Engineering efforts for the Clearing & Settlement (CAS) system, one of Visa's largest revenue generating platform & work with other peer test engineering organizations to insure seamless code releases.
- Design & develop test plans & functional test cases from business requirements & conceptual documents
- Participate in Test design/plan review sessions with peers & other stakeholders
- Build test automation framework to support CAS System
- Build test tools to improve quality & performance
- Setup, configure, & maintain test environments
- Provide estimates on scope & scale of effort required to test changes
- Execute test cases, analyze & report test results to project team
- Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts
- Ensure delivery of a high quality product meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe
- Report project status & issues to project managers & management
- Collaborate closely with the development team to analyze, debug & resolve any application issues
- Implement standard processes, tools, & metrics to deliver large-scale projects from inception to conclusion that meet quantifiable business objectives
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 4+ years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience with automation tools, tool development using ISPF, CLIST & REXX.
- Passion for high quality software engineering
- Experience in SDLC methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Iterative/Incremental.
- 1 - 2 years' comprehensive experience inMainframe, TSO, MVS JCL, ISPF, File Aid, COBOL, SQL, DB2.
Work HoursThis position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel RequirementsThis position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10 % of the time.
Mental/Physical RequirementsThis position will be performed in an office set10ting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO StatementVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law