Appian is looking for a dynamic individual to support our learning & development function. In this high impact role you can make a difference in the daily effectiveness of all Appian employees as a member of the fast-growing Talent Development team. More than just develop, coordinate & deliver creative & engaging workshops, you will help define the learning culture at a cutting-edge technology company.
We are looking to add someone to our team who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves & support delivery of a variety of new or existing learning & development programs & strategic initiatives. These may include the development, support, or execution of our signature programs & other interpersonal effectiveness & professional development programs. The ideal candidate would bring any combination of the following: training & facilitation experience, strong instructional design skills, adult learning principles, & innovative training ideas.
- Designs & develops learning solutions Create or modifies existing instructional materials to address expected performance outcomes.
- Coordinate or perform administrative functions necessary to deliver & document learning & development programs.
- Collaborates with others Builds partnerships & relationships among the design project team & establishes sign-off & approval processes for each step of the design process. Conducts train-the-trainer sessions to prepare instructors if necessary.
- Manages deadlines & implements projects Has the ability to manage time so that the priority of the activities determines the timing & amount of attention they receive.
- Proactively identifies appropriate evaluation techniques & applies them; Designs effective evaluation approaches for all learning solutions; assesses whether the learning design solution produces positive results, such as change in learner attitude, skill, knowledge, & behavior.
- Facilitates formal & informal workshops & learning experiences for large & small groups.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required; Masters degree in Communication, Education, Adult Education, Behavioral or Industrial Psychology, Organizational Development, or related field preferred
- 2-4 years of professional (leadership & soft skills) facilitation experience in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of adult learning theory & employee development methods including instructor-led & virtual classroom delivery
- Facilitator Certifications a plus
- Curriculum development background a plus
- Strong written & oral communication skills including presentation & facilitation skills
- Experience delivering soft skills training to various levels of employees
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.