Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
This position is within our original IP studio, Behaviour Digital.
Behaviour Digital is seeking a dynamic creative director with experience leading a team of creative individuals. The selected candidate will have demonstrated the ability to lead & develop a game's design & creative vision, & collaborate with multifunctional teams of designers, artists, programmers, product strategists & marketing to build compelling games.
We look for contagious passion, undeniable experience, & a personable character.
Working closely with the Product Manager, the Creative Director is responsible for the quality of their product & their creative health once live. The CD is a coach & advisor to the team. He ensures his team's knowledge & skills development, & keeps them current on the latest trends in the games industry & best practices. The creative director must have the ability to oversee the design & art direction of the product & oversee the provision of clear, detailed documentation to service all disciplines within the dev team. They may also be the face” of the game & be called upon to travel to shows or supply media with material about the game's development.
But you already know all that don't you?
• Assume responsibility for the quality while mindful of timelines of all creative tasks in the projects under their responsibility including concept development, pitching, prototyping, & production including live on multiformat games (PC/Console/Mobile);
• Demonstrate hands-on” leadership by constantly reviewing game builds & providing constructive feedback;
• Mentor & train the creative staff as well as maintain & keep current on industry knowledge of competitive games, successful genres, market trends & innovative game mechanics;
• Maintain awareness of consumer habits & always have the market in mind;
• Provide support to Game Designers in the application of the business model on their game's design by helping design creative & effective acquisition & retention mechanics;
• Develop new intellectual properties that take into account the most recent market trends & identify franchise & brand extension opportunities;
• Communicate complex creative ideas to a wide & varied audience, from Executives to technical staff;
• Hire new staff in line with company requirements;
• Prioritize tasks & delegate appropriately;
• Recognize the strengths & weakness of staff as well as coach & develop the team.
• A gamer with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience directing a product in a leadership role with proven success in previous creative endeavors in the live PC/console space; knowledge of mobile extremely useful also.
• Solid experience overseeing projects through pre-pro, production & live operations.
• Relevant experience managing a game development process using the industry milestones
• Proven track record with at least one successfully published game
• Solid ability to effectively pitch game concepts in drawings, writing, verbally & live presentations
• Video game history demonstrating solid creativity & innovation skills.