Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, & we have paid over $150 million directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for an Operations Manager, Merch.
What you will do:
- You will handle all operations with the partners we are working with for an exciting new product area: Merch. You will be responsible for devising all processes & workflows required to help move merch from concept to reality.
- This will include processes for ingesting products (think mugs, stickers, & custom-designed goods) & all of their associated metadata & design requirements from partners into the Patreon system.
- You will also own process design for merchs support operations, working closely with Patreons Customer Happiness team on execution -- ensuring that both creators & patrons alike have a phenomenal experience even in the face of lost or damaged shipments.
- Run point on finance needs for the merch product area, being the resident expert on things like international VAT & customs requirements, & making billing & invoicing recommendations.
- Work closely with Patreons legal & risk teams to devise both content & financial risk-mitigation processes & systems.
Skills & experience you possess:
- This role is highly cross-functional & demands a strategic go-getter who leads through influence & executes quickly to get things done.
- Demonstrated ability & keen desire to quickly build financial models that communicate new ideas & aid in discussions around weighing various tradeoffs.
- Ability to quickly gather the necessary information to develop an informed opinion, & make recommendations.
- Experience devising impactful new workflows or processes from scratch, & successfully seeing them through to implementation.
- Solid project management skills.
- Proactive communication style.
- You are in love the idea of building a solution for sustainable funding of creators & the arts.
Projects you may work on:
- Work with the product & engineering team to make recommendations to partners for how they can evolve their offering (product or API) to better integrate with Patreon.
- Define the inputs for an effective & accurate pricing model for creators.
- Model & make recommendations for Patreons merch pricing structure, & eventually technical product features, based on various ordering & manufacturing approaches (ie on-demand versus bulk).
- Understand sales tax, international VAT, & customs requirements, & use these inputs to suggest product & pricing recommendations.
- Handle all manual billing & invoicing of creators in the interim until an automated process is defined & built.
- Sketch out a content review process & work with Trust & Safety to implement.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Were building a new product completely from scratch! Your contributions will be critical to making sure we do the right thing for creators, & help them deliver unique value to their patrons.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing & highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, & rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industrys most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators & patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision & tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people & giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure were the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out video testimonials, photos, & more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creators lives, wed love to talk.