The Partnerships NORAM team is supporting Booking.com BV with executing its strategies related to Booking.coms third-party distribution, business development & partnership goals across diverse sectors. These duties include supporting Booking.com BV with establishing new partnerships & developing strategies to grow existing key transport partners in the United States & Canadian markets. This position will be based in NYC NY, & report to the Area Manager of Transport.
This role requires an individual with a strong background in e-commerce, travel industry knowledge, successful business development skills & demonstrated success in the management of distribution partnerships. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, energetic & engaged team member with an established network across key industry categories.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promote Booking.com BVs brand name & its online reservation services to potential business partners;
- Manage the entirety of the business development cycle (sourcing, networking, & closing) large partnerships that align with the group's strategic objectives.
- Manage & maintain existing relationships with large distribution partners (affiliates).
- Build & maintain a professional network within the online (travel) industry;
- Monitor the success of each account & manage client relationships by advising on Booking.com BVs services;
- Support Booking.com BV in research, identification, & segmentation of business opportunities regarding strategic partners (websites/ mobile platforms) to increase the number of potential visitors & bookings on these platforms;
- Establish an understanding of the business objectives of these partners & match these with the range of services of Booking.com BV to create & maximize new business opportunities;
- Highlight behaviors & key trends in the designated market;
- Proactively support the business & report to Area Manager of Transport;
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years business development relevant work experience within North American e-commerce industry (travel industry strongly preferred). Financial services/banking/loyalty sector experience a plus.
- Requires versatility & adapting quickly to the latest guidelines from Booking.com BV;
- Business, marketing or other relevant bachelors degree; MBA or Masters degree preferred;
- Experience in cultural management & differences;
- Creative, persistent & outgoing personality, eager to learn;
- Proactive, positive & self-motivated with ability to work without close supervision;
- Quick & resourceful, team-player, flexible, accurate & very detail-oriented;
- Ability to prioritize & organize a range of competing projects & tasks in a dynamic environment
- Ability to create deep & lasting commercial relationships
- Excellent communicator, presenter. & strong analytical/reporting skills;
- Travel up to 50% (US, Canada, & some International travel required)
- Must be authorized to work in the US & travel internationally.