THE ROLE: Assistant Buyer
Were looking for
The right person to assist the Buyers in sourcing & managing the most coveted brands.
What youll accomplish
- Learn the art & science of off-price retail!
- Ensure that all boutique checkoffs, event pricing & POs are created & completed accurately in order to have successful sales & prevent receiving issues at the warehouse
- Analyze the competition, market research & competitive shop on line & in person to bring fresh ideas to the team
- Analyze sales trends, inventory & margin to achieve sales goals
- Build relationships with suppliers to obtain the most sought after product at the lowest price
- Constant exposure to all aspects of Rue business. Work closely with many of our amazing departments: Programming, Planning, Boutique Production, Creative & Marketing, & have the ability to learn from all of these teams!
- You will learn to be an expert in excel, tableau, retail math, & intricacies of watches itself
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology & marketing to create the most engaging & satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 35+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La & Gilt for everything from women, men & children's apparel & accessories to home dcor & exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
- Great experience in a retail environment using retail math
- Passion for product & a love of designer fashion. Are willing to start from the bottom & develop a long lasting buying career
- Detail oriented mind & are driven to achieve successful & profitable sales
- Kindness & are a natural team player!
- Proven analytical skills & are a risk taker
- A nice comfort working in Excel: You dont shy away from (and maybe even get excited by) VLOOKUPs, & sorting
Bonus points for
- If youve got everything going on above, youre already a strong fit.
- If you have the following too? You earn some extra credit from us. You are flexible & have the ability to prioritize! Have the ability to be proactive, have great follow up & are able make important decisions under the pressure of meeting demanding targets.
ABOUT MERCHANDISING TEAM:
Fun, dedicated, hard-working team who truly loves our impact on Rue La La! Very team oriented & collaborative group who source merchandise from hundreds of suppliers
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY & CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupes policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated & proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. Weve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium & luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites Rue La La, Gilt, & Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion & technology, were also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, & ourselves to push past the expected every day. Our culture is rooted in our values & together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious & Empowered
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, & selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other