Senior Product Manager, Direct to Consumer Products
VICE Media is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join VICEs Product Team in Brooklyn, New York. VICE has a strategic imperative to diversify its product offerings & this role will be critical in defining & developing the next generation of innovative VICE products. As the PM working on direct to consumer products, youll help to create the vision, develop the roadmap & lead execution for content products that have subscription or transactional revenue at their core.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Work closely with VP Product & the Strategy & Operations team to evaluate new direct to consumer opportunities. Collaborate with a global team of engineers & designers, cultivating a strong, collaborative working environment.
- Understand & build upon VICEs product vision.
- Develop a deep, empathetic understanding of user needs in a number of content verticals, in order to create new products & improve existing.
- Ensure organizational support & buy-in & gather requirements, prioritize features & translate strategies & concepts into a backlog for upcoming product initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with commercial, growth & mobile product teams to push forward a complementary suite of cross-platform products that build on each others success.
- Mentor & teach modern product management practice to those around them & contribute to our ever evolving process.
- Identify product innovation opportunities aligned with market needs & business priorities & build supporting business cases.
- Define & track metrics for success, ensuring the team is clear on their objectives every step of the way.
- 5+ years professional experience as a product manager at a digital company
- Previous experience working with digital products that have either a subscription or transactional component.
- Insatiable curiosity about the world & a strong desire to innovate.
- Proven ability to guide projects in cross-functional product teams.
- Test & learn mindset (familiar with & have overseen A/B testing).
- Track record of defining, launching & iterating on best-in-class products.
- Experience with data driven product development & knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Strong at communicating concepts & ideas to stakeholders at all levels, in different ways depending on the context.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong user experience & technical sensibilities.
- Project management skills & ability to meet deadlines.
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know.We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity.At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture.We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S.Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job.VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies:Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.