Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain & develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
In a business that is constantly growing & with aggressive hiring targets, we are looking for a smart, energetic & results driven individual who can thrive in a fast paced & agile environment. You love being hands on & are on top of all the latest recruitment trends, particularly in the tech & digital product sector.
The role is based in London & supported by recruitment teams located in Poland, Philippines & the HR team in the US. You will have an opportunity to make your mark, to define the global recruitment strategy & lead the employer brand activities to increase our external brand & to develop new channels to attract the right candidates.
Given our culture of collaboration & multi-functional environment, you will need to be a great communicator to work with various key stakeholders & top executive levels, engaging them on a very regular basis & aligning on recruitment purposes. Role will report to Chef Peoples Officer.
- Manage the full recruitment cycle for all areas of the business, through in-house recruiters as well as outsourced recruitment resources, driving strong performance
- Keeping track of recruiting metrics (e.g. time-to-fill & cost-per-hire)
- Update current & design new recruiting procedures (e.g. job application & onboarding processes)
- Implement new sourcing methods (e.g. social recruiting & Boolean searches)
- Review recruitment software (ATS)
- Research & choose job advertising options
- Advise hiring managers on interviewing techniques
- Recommend ways to improve our employer brand
- Coordinate with department managers to forecast future hiring needs
- Stay up-to-date on labour legislation & inform recruiters & managers about changes in regulations
- Drive & manage the relationship/performance of external recruitment agencies including job boards to support recruitment activities in each of our locations.
- Collaborate with Marketing to lead activities to establish a strong employment brand to increase visibility of WorldRemit, particularly in the tech & digital product communities.
- Lead the strategy to expand our employee referral program with innovative & engaging ideas.
- Host onsite events with partners to build a talent pool.
- Communicate & maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders & senior leaders to advise them on hiring strategies & to keep them constantly abreast of the recruitment performance updates.
- Manage key recruitment metrics & performance reports at global level.
- Drive our talent diversity strategy.
Summary of required Experience & Attributes
- Experience of the end-to-end Recruitment process
- Previous man management experience
- Previous experience working in the Financial services or Technology industry
- Possess excellent stakeholder management skill
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems & HR databases
- Proven track record in achieving recruitment results in speed of hire & reduction of external recruitment agency spend
- Knowledge of labour legislation
- Familiarity with social media & other professional networks
- Solutions focused with an innovative & pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Comfortable with ambiguity & ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Hands on approach
- Team Player
- Coaching Skills
- Strategic Thinker
- Communication Skills-up to C Level