The Business Development Manager is responsible for supporting strategy with a specific focus on Business to Business partnerships to drive new client acquisition as well as enhancing client retention through special events & experiences, contributing to business growth. This role will use first hand insight & understanding of a global elite client to proactively lead initiatives that contribute to future growth & business expansion. Areas of responsibility will include identifying business to business opportunities to acquire & retain new high net worth sales (HNW) & manage new HNW client relationships. Reporting to the Business Development Director, working in partnership with the Sales & Brand Experience management team, this leader designs, plans, & brings innovative ideas to targeted Client Acquisition events & experiences. A high-level of marketing collaboration & cross-functional influence is essential.
What You'll Do
- Develop & implement a targeted regional strategy for top tier new client acquisition, while driving engagement, loyalty & retention through delivering innovative & strategic programs, experiences, partnerships, special events & off-line touch points for both our loyal top tier clients & potential clients.
- Measure success against increased new client acquisition, client re-engagement & sales uptake.
- Identify & build strong B2B targeted partnerships to drive UHNW acquisition across key luxury industries (i.e. art, travel, entertainment, hotels, private members clubs, etc), with the goal of strengthening business relationships to encourage new client referrals. securing appropriate & relevant regional market partners & suppliers to deliver elevated & seamless client activities.
- Ensure that all B2B relationships are complementary to wider market brand partnerships. Monitor the success & learns of all relationship building initiatives.
- Strategize & implement an elevated & unique activity calendar in key markets for our current top tier clients for driving engagement, loyalty & retention. Identify & develop second tier & emerging markets as well as top tier regions, driving first in the market opportunities.
- Work with the Regional Directors to support with appropriate assignment of new elite clients to the Stylist team. Support to upskill the team on devising in depth client profiling to facilitate with assessing future HNW client potential.
- Establish strong personal relationships with prospective clients & partners to recommend most effective new Client/Stylist relationships
- Take ownership for managing the Business Development budget, work with the Stylist & Brand Experience team to forward plan the annual calendar of proposed events. Ensure all events are aligned with wider marketing messages & initiatives, adopting a global view to deliver innovative & engaging client experiences
- Work closely with Brand Experiences, Marketing, Buying/Merch, Client Development & Operations functions to deliver a first class service to our clients
- Remain abreast of industry client acquisition & experience initiatives, establish a memorable point of difference for the MO client experience, which is also culturally in tune. Take ownership for keeping the wider Stylist team informed of all initiatives & experiences across regions (both Moda initiatives & across the luxury industry).
- Be a client-centric brand ambassador at all times & regularly hosting & building relationships with current & prospect clients to drive loyalty & engagement
- Lead with a solid connection to the company vision, exuding influence externally & organization wide
- Serve as a regional liaison for Stylists, Merchants, & Marketing teams, provide consistent feedback as needed
- Proactively provide feedback & suggestions on ways to enhance the new client experience & maintain an elevated Moda Operandi service proposition. Share this insight cross functionally with marketing & merchandising teams to remain aligned.
Who You Are
- 2+ years experience as a Client Development Manager, VIP Client Relationship Manager, or luxury industry equivalent position, with an established network of global client contacts required
- 3+ years. experience within the luxury industry, with a keen understanding of luxury client attributes, needs
- Superior market, product & brand awareness in target regions
- Excellent English verbal & written communication skills
- Written & spoken fluency in at least one other foreign language advantageous
- Autonomous self-starter & confident decision-maker, able to work independently & as part of a team
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Strong motivation & capacity to lead by example, inspiring productivity & results
- Proven track record of constantly raising the bar, elevating service levels & driving revenue
- Outstanding interpersonal skills & ability to build & maintain relationships in all scopes of business
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties & competencies. All requirements & skills are subject to change as business needs evolve.