WeWork is looking for a Staff Software Engineer in the mission of Real Estate & Development Technology (RedTech) with significant search experience to join the Underwriting & Analytics team for DealTrack in the RedTech organization. Were looking to revolutionize real-estate & construction & were building a brand-new search & analytics platform to power that revolution.
We are looking for someone who has built out search infrastructures & implementation time & again & at scale, choosing the right search platform & indexing strategy for the task at hand. This person will be responsible for owning the design & architecture of the search platform, building it from scratch based on business & technical requirements. We expect you to weigh all search infrastructure offerings & decide on the best course of action weighing time-to-market, cost, & building strategic software.
Additionally, you'll have leadership responsibility over building out other parts of DealTrack architecture, specifically the analytics platform that we will use to power the decisioning engine for DealTrack Deal Management to turbo-charge our Underwriting & Analytics business.
- Q2 - Infrastructure Investment
- Move DealTrack Search touch points to unified search solution
- Design & build search infrastructure to power deep searches
- Streaming Indexing Strategy
- search / AWS setup & configuration
- Index / document design - mapping from relational to document structure & take n-depth connectedness (Financial Models associated with Deals - first instance)
- Provide direction & guidance over our data model & data strategy
- Create Data Pipeline to power machine learning
- Create data-lake & collection framework
- Create ETL layer to shape the data for consumption
- Partner with the data-science team to generate learnings that we can feed back to the system & provide visibility to our decision makers
- Instill a culture of data continuity & data-driven & data-pipeline-driven development..
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Solr, or Apache Lucene
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, or AWS EMR
- Experience with AWS Cloudformed environments
- Experience with Java, Spring, MySql, micro services
- Bonus: Python NLTK (NLP Toolkit)
- Experience leading search and/or machine learning pipeline buildouts
We are an elite team of passionate, fearless & collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
WeWork is an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.