Since 2010, Birchbox has redefined the way people discover & shop for beauty & grooming by pairing a monthly subscription of handpicked, customized samples with relevant content & a curated e-commerce shop.
Birchboxs trailblazing subscription concept has continued to innovate. Today, it speaks directly to an otherwise-overlooked, underserved consumera consumer who Birchbox calls "The Casual Consumer. Casual Consumers are not passionate about beauty, & want a simple, personalized way to explore, buy, & use beauty. They want it to be easy, effective, funand they expect the same things of their beauty products. Birchbox is the destination for all who identify as Beauty Casual.
As Birchbox continues to innovate, the women-founded-and-run company is eagerly working to become a leader in industry-wide efforts toward greater sustainability & racial equity. Birchbox operates in three countries, & reaches more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 300 best-in-class prestige brand partners.
Visit www.birchbox.com for a forever useful, always delightful beauty & grooming experience.
Birchbox is looking for a Manager, Social Media & Content to drive the day-to-day execution of content in order to build brand affinity. This role will represent our unique beauty perspective, create engaging social experiences that delight our community, drive qualified organic social traffic to Birchbox.com, & contribute to acquisition & shop revenue targets.
**Our office is based out of New York, NY. Due to COVID, our team is working remotely until further notice.**
- Help to set a vision: Contribute to the content & creative vision & roadmap that defines brand voice, storytelling, aesthetic & how we engage the consumer on all social channels.
- Create content that is engaging, useful, & delightful: Execute & produce content supporting our strategy. Deliver content that helps the beauty casual community feel seen & inspired so that we funnel content consumers into our subscription & e-commerce experience.
- Increase engagement rates by obsessing over customers: Increase social media engagement rates by maximizing the use of all customer touchpoints & platform features. Consistently evaluate the types of content we produce against new insights & knowledge of our target consumer.
- Turn our social media platforms into traffic-driving channels: Create content that generates interest in, & an understanding of, the various products & services that we sell, which should drive qualified traffic to the Birchbox website.
- Copywriting: Channel the Birchbox voice by writing eye-catching & useful copy for all social media content. Understand the mindset of a person using each unique platform & tailor messages accordingly.
- Have a keen eye for platform & industry trends: Stay up to date & have an opinion on emerging social media platforms & trends. Create content that capitalizes on the various platforms or trends, while staying true to the Birchbox target customer, business goals, & our unique beauty perspective.
- Manage & grow the Birchbox community: Drum up excitement & engagement by having proactive conversations with our community, other brands, celebrities, & influencers via the Birchbox social media handles. Capitalize on viral conversations by organically inserting Birchbox into those conversations.
- Represent our values: Uphold Birchbox values through content execution & be able to know when to speak out on external news when appropriate.
- Scheduling, project management, & fiscal accountability: Create & manage a content approval process & budget that pulls in key stakeholders at the right points, while keeping the execution process moving. Post all of our content across platforms.
- Excellent cross-functional relationships & deep business insights: Develop close partnerships with teams who work on customer engagement touchpoints to ensure vision consistency & stay current on business insights obtained from other teams.
- Bachelors Degree
- 4+ years relevant experience in social & content, copy, creative, & community channels. A plus for startup experience
- Experience producing creative assets for social media content on your own. A big plus for photoshop, in design, & video editing skills
- Experience coordinating with photographers, freelancers, & creative teams to execute social media content
- Expert editorial writing skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills; comfortable presenting to groups & executive teams
A successful candidate
- Obsesses over getting the customer experience right
- Has a strong point of view & desire to excel on social platforms via the way they write & create content.
- Has a strong internal balance between data & instinct & can apply that appropriately to make decisions
- Is a passionate self-starter who is decisive & able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Earns trust with their direct team & stakeholders by practicing inclusive leadership; listening, treating other with respect & being willing to be vocally self-critical
Birchbox welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, & experiences. We celebrate how different perspectives benefit our employees, our products, & our community. We are focused on cultivating a diverse & inclusive work environment that encourages collaboration, creativity, & innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
***To support an inclusive & equitable hiring process, we are eliminating resume submissions. To complete your application, answer the questions below.***