At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
Our engineering team works on product-oriented problems across the boundaries of e-commerce, mobile, analytics & shipping/fulfillment. The backbone of our business is our custom logistics management system, which gives us the crucial ability to deliver the right product to the right user at the right time - a simple goal with a complex solution. We use data, engineering & algorithms to create a personalized website & an adaptive supply chain to fulfill our commitment to an amazing customer experience.
About the Role:
As a Front End Engineer at Rent the Runway, you are someone who prioritizes creativity & user experience alongside great code & curiosity. Your opinions on architecture & design are informed by your experience building applications supporting large user bases. You will work in a cross functional pod of Engineers, Product Managers, & Designers to create UI components for our loyal member community.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, & deployment
- Collaborate with designers & other teams to refine product features & brainstorm ideas
- Work with business stakeholders to identify software solutions to business challenges
- Write clean, testable, & efficient code
- An eye for responsive design & strong attention to detail
- Ability to pick up new tools & technologies as needed
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional development team
- Ability to prioritize important tasks
- Effective written & verbal communication skills
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.