Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide & joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, & The Netherlands.
About the Role:
The Corporate Engineering team at planet is responsible for all IT related operations, supporting the company to succeed in our goals & visions. Your role will make sure all of your colleagues can easily make use of the variety of internal & external tools or resources. You will be an integral part for the team to grow & extend the services we offer. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, creative thinker, & a great communicator.
You will perform tasks like onboarding your fellow planeteers, general IT related support & project related work. The role is either onsite first or hybrid with a few days per week in the office.
We are a bunch of hard-working & passionate individuals that enjoy delivering positive outcomes for our fellow Planeteers. Join us!
Impact Youll Own:
- Enable your fellow Planeteers using the Corporate IT Services & Infrastructure
- Be the helpful hand & the first line of support in case of problems
- Bring a great Onboarding experience to our growing company
- Together with the team improve continuously on the Corporate Engineerings service
- Support a smooth IT experience for your fellow colleagues
What You Bring:
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role, e. g. desktop support or help desk
- Excellent problem solving skills & ability to troubleshoot & pin-point problems
- Strong experience in administering Google Workplace, Active Directory
- Experience installing & troubleshooting Microsoft Windows, macOS, Debian-based operating systems such as Ubuntu
- Strong team player with service-oriented attitude & customer focus
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience with enterprise grade video conferencing & JIRA or similar issue tracking systems
- Experience with mobile device management on Apple iOS & Android
- Knowledge in scripting languages , preferably Python
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Additional company winter holidays & regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment & flexible working hours
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Giving back to the community - one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning & Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular hack-weeks & meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing empowering spaces for connection & mentorship
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.