Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking an Accounting Manager to manage our monthly accounting close process, including but not limited to directly impacting our days-to-close goal. This role is responsible for project managing the end-to-end close cycle, including collaboration with multiple internal functions & our external auditors. We are looking for an individual with a passion & proven track record for process improvement to join a collaborative team-based working environment. The successful candidate will be ruthless about redesigning, streamlining & automating the processes & data flows, striving for real-time understanding of close status. Overseeing a critical process for Accounting, this role will report to the Director of Accounting (OpEx/GL) & interact heavily with the US Controller & Director of International Operations as well as the broader Finance team.
Twilio is looking for an individual who lives the Twilio Magic & has experience leading a global Accounting close. They also have:
- 6+ years in the accounting field with a Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required; experience in companies with 1B+ in annual revenue with a CPA is highly preferred.
- Strong people, application navigation & project management skills as youll be the main point of contact for external communications with auditors.
- Able to communicate clearly & succinctly in writing & verbally to multiple levels within the organization.
- A proven track record of cross-functional management of multiple projects concurrently with strong business acumen with the ability to drive projects to closure.
- Experience managing different accounting software products displaying an ability to leverage systems.
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles & procedures as you will review entries related to consolidations.
As an Accounting Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Simplify & clearly communicate objectives/requirements for process improvements by examining root cause, recording data & implementing change.
- DRAW THE OWL: Thrive in ambiguity. Own systems solutions to streamline reporting & consolidations processes while also being the project manager of the ERP implementation & M&A integrations.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Own the close process & be a product owner over several of our software systems.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact & coordinate extensively across teams within Twilio.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Provide intellectual honesty & data driven actions.
The Accounting team at Twilio is essential to our continued growth as a company & ensuring that we produce accurate & complete financials in an efficient manner. Twilio is a complex, high-growth, quickly evolving business. Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.