At LightStep, our mission is to deliver confidence at scale for those who develop, operate, & rely upon todays powerful software applications. We created LightStep because we understand the massive architectural transformation underway in the software industry, & we saw an opportunity to accelerate it, all while improving the quality of the developer & end-user experience. While we learned a great deal from our experiences building Dapper (Googles distributed tracing solution) & Monarch (Googles high-availability metrics solution), LightStep is in many ways a reaction to & a generational improvement beyond those approaches. Our story as individuals & as a company revolves around continuous learning, careful listening, & the belief that these fundamentally new software architectures require fundamentally new solutions.
We are growing fast & now require a talented, curious, low-ego, challenger sales team in New York City!
Youd be a great fit if
- Youre excited to be part of the core group that acquires new enterprise customers.
- You enjoy building relationships with lead developers & tech executives.
- Youre self-motivated to drive an enterprise sales cycle from prospecting to closure.
- Youre eager to learn from your teammates & have something to teach them as well.
- You are committed to every customer having the an incredibly positive experience.
- Youve sold technology to technical staff at publicly traded & late stage private companies.
- You have 8 years of industry background with at least five of those in enterprise SaaS/software.
Bonus points if
- Youve sold (and/or have a lot of curiosity about) large-scale distributed systems & microservice-based architectures
- You have sold to users of application performance management software & monitoring tools.
- You have a background in (and/or have a lot of curiosity about) engineering.
- You participate in open source projects and/or do community-building work.
- You have experience outside of sales: marketing, engineering, design, etc.
LightStep is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.