Kabbage is setting a new standard in big data & FinTech & we are looking for aChief Compliance Officerto join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is a leading FinTech company changing the way small businesses solve cash-flow challenges. Fully automated & deeply connected with its 180,000+ customers, Kabbage provides access to funding in minutes, extends more than $10 million every day to small businesses, & powers borrowing experiences for some of the largest companies in the world. While we've received numerous awards & recognitionsuch as Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Inc Magazine's Top Private Companies, GlassDoors Best Places to Work, & Forbes FinTech 50it is our people, our culture, & our leaders that make Kabbage such a great place to work.
The Chief Compliance Officer will help lead & run the Regulatory & Compliance practice at Kabbage.
This includes leading oversight of & adherence to the Anti-Money-Laundering/Bank Secrecy Act, The USA PATRIOT Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control sanctions compliance, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, FTC regulations, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, State Usury Laws, state licensing, Privacy laws, including General Data Protection Regulations, as well as compliance with current & emerging cybersecurity regulations.
What you'll be doing:
- Actively partner with business stakeholders to develop creative solutions and/or process improvements to ensure that new & existing loan products & programs comply with policies & procedures & applicable laws & regulations.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for compliance-related matters, which includes providing technical support to business stakeholders with regard to lending & payment regulations.
- Effectively interpret compliance laws & regulations & analyze their impact on existing policy & business practices.
- Develop & maintain policies & procedures to foster a culture of compliance; & perform ongoing risk assessments for such policies & procedures.
- Participate in and/or lead projects involving the implementation of systems used for the origination, servicing & collections of commercial loans; & new or expanding loan products, programs & delivery channels.
- Support external audits by bank partners, investors & other third parties
- Conduct risk-based internal audits of loan origination, servicing & collections activities to determine compliance with applicable state & federal laws & regulations & company policies
- Participate in the testing & validation of newly implemented or changing proprietary & third-party systems & technologies.
What we're looking for in you:
- Team builder: ability to effectively build, manage, & lead teams, particularly in a hyper-growth organization
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning: Able to see & communicate the big picture in an inspiring way; determines opportunities & threats through comprehensive analysis of current & future trends
- Collaboration: Work with a range of people from across the business & communicate effectively through all channels
- Honesty/integrity: Does not cut corners ethically; earns trust & maintains confidences; does what is right, not just what is politically expedient; speaks plainly & truthfully
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities & conditions; copes effectively with complexity & change, especially in Regulatory & Compliance environments
- Accountability: holds self & others accountable
- Initiative: Actively finds ways to make improvements at work
What you should have:
The ideal candidate will be a highly-regarded professional with a proven record as a self-starter & team leader who is able to work with the business to develop & implement compliance solutions that are pragmatic, effective & forward-looking, anticipate risks & troubleshoot. The candidate will be able to work successfully with a diverse set of individuals & constituencies. In addition, the candidate should have the following:
- Minimum 10 years of compliance experience within the financial service industry
- Experience with Anti-Money-Laundering/Bank Secrecy Act (AML/BSA), The USA PATRIOT Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) sanctions compliance
- Experience with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Experience with Privacy laws, including General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Experience with lending laws & regulations
- Understanding of Cybersecurity regulations
- Demonstrated experience with regulatory agencies, requirements, and/or regulatory compliance
- Understanding of data analytics & the use of technology in the compliance function
- The ability to identify & resolve business issues & to partner with business leaders as well as with other key functional areas such as Legal, Technology & Infrastructure Services, etc.
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, our people are awesome, so we built the Kabbage Advantageour way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, & exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, & onsite fitness classes.
While our perks & benefits are generous, the people areactuallywhat make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, & resilient. We are enthusiastic, productive, & problem solvers. And we dont do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find low ego individuals who work hard to communicate effectively & work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating & separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.