Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Director on our Employee Experience team who will focus on Performance & Development.
Why it matters: After a wildly successful first ~5 years, Axios is continuing to scale & to support that growth we are building out a team dedicated to supporting an exceptional employee experience at Axios.
Go deeper: In this role, you will make an impact at Axios with the following responsibilities:
- Develop robust performance & development initiatives to motivate & unleash the full potential of our employees.
- Design, implement, & refine the keys pieces of performance management:
- Goal-setting: support our goal-setting process in collaboration with the Finance team.
- Evaluation: lead our evaluation process with an emphasis on data tracking & analysis
- Coaching: support the ongoing development work between managers & their team members.
- Spearhead learning initiatives to ensure ongoing professional growth at every level.
- Employee training: design & deliver monthly programming to engage & support employees.
- Manager training: design & implement separate training tracks to support new managers & experienced managers.
- Support the development & iteration of our competency maps to ensure clear growth paths for employees.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit & passion for Axios mission & have the following skills:
- Experience with & passion for leading on performance management practices
- Proven leader in the HR field with experience working in fast-paced environments
- Knowledge of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion values & best practices
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to project manage & juggle multiple priorities at once
- Creative thinker, entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to have sensitive conversations & advise colleagues on HR-related issues
- Facilitation & presentation skills
- HR generalist experience
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter & cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, & diverse work culture
- Annual learning & development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching & mental health support
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents & caretakers
- Access to the Axios Family Fund, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity & inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination & harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, & apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, & business needs at the time.