Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Global Sales Development Enablement Specialist to help scale a global, world class team by supporting SDR program development & owning cross-functional initiatives. This key role will work closely with the Global Director of Sales Development, Marketing & Sales Operations, along with the global SDR management team. You might be a great fit for this role if you are a great program manager, content creator, & sales trainer. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, & collaboration skills. The ideal candidate will have proven experience as an SDR, an SDR leader, or a Sales Enablement professional working with mid-market/enterprise accounts and/or Public Sector accounts (federal, local government, education).
Impact Youll Own:
- Collaborate with leadership to build a global SDR program, from onboarding to enablement
- Own management of onboarding schedule & logistics for all SDRs
- Build documentation & learning paths for new hire & current SDRs in SkillJar
- Draft playbooks & training materials for the global SDR team
- Attend weekly operational meetings & provide updates to Global Director
- Utilize data & feedback to continue to improve & develop programs to ensure all stakeholders are enabled & aligned
- Manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail & task management skills
What You Bring:
- 2+ years of experience in sales development, sales enablement, or business operations
- 2+ years as a Sales Development professional and/or leader
- Build & maintain reports on individual & team performance for quota & OKRs as well as identify new leading indicators for growth
- Monitor pipeline coverage & territory alignment within CRM & maintain reporting on global coverage of the Sales Development & Sales Team
- Draft business & project requirements for Sales Operations & Corp Eng teams to execute enhancements for the Sales Development team tech stack
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Sales Development a strong plus with prior experience as an SDR for at least 1 year
- Cross-functional experience working with sales, marketing, sales operations & customer success
- Change management experience with a history of successful program adoption
- Translate data into meaningful insights to help drive business outcomes & track OKR progression
- Understanding of MEDDPICC & Command of the Message methodologies with the ability to create enablement & playbooks for the SDR team
- Knowledge of Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, Groove & SkillJar
- Salesforce, Marketo admin certification a plus
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program & onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Off-sites & happy hours (virtual for now)
- Volunteering benefits via 1% Pledge
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $60,300 - $122,000. This role is eligible for bonus, commission & equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, & other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.