"The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, & create across thousands of communities.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate & grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential & trafficked corners of the internet.
Operating within the Growth division, the Core Growth team plays a key role in fulfilling Reddits mission of bringing community & belonging to the world through data initiatives like onboarding, churn prediction & user segmentation.
As the teams Sr. Data Scientist, you will play an influential role in guiding product strategy through proactively surfacing insights, conducting exploratory analyses & executing advanced experimentation.
How Youll Have Impact:
- Today, Core Growth touches a large swatch of features at Reddit. As a key member of the team, youll help us refine our Core Growth strategy through playing with one of the richest datasets at Reddit & uncovering user insights. Your work will help us understand onboarding improvements, different user types & top Reddit use cases that will propel the next wave of Growth.
What Youll Learn:
- You will be deeply integrated with our tight-knit Core Growth team, which moves quickly & runs experiments on a variety of initiatives at Reddit. Youll play a key role in determining the onboarding strategy & other improvements for users throughout their lifecycle. Youll play with petabytes of data full of user interactions & events to develop user segmentation that will impact the entire company.
- In addition, you will work side by side with a world-class org of Engineering, ML, Search, Data Science, Data Warehouse, & Analytics practitioners who work together to create a variety of capabilities for Reddit to be more successful in its decision-making & product creation. In this process, you will be exposed to a variety of new techniques in experimentation, statistical frameworks, machine learning, deep learning, & causal inference.
What Youll Do:
- Perform proactive exploratory analyses on understanding user behavior on Reddit (e.g. tipping points & when to intervene with Core Growth levers)
- Conduct exploratory analyses to size new opportunities for onboarding or further engaging Reddits on the platform
- Partner with Eng & Product to define & execute Core Growths roadmap & initiatives
- Design & evaluate A/B tests & product feature experiments to influence product strategy
- Define team metrics & goals & scale data-informed decision making through ETLs & reporting dashboards
- Present findings to senior leadership & inform product decisions
Who You Might Be:
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics or related quantitative role
- Demonstrated ability to influence & guide product strategy with data
- Demonstrated ability to take ambiguous problems & solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Strong ability to communicate & discuss complex topics with technical & non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with causal inference techniques & causal models
- Desire to mentor other data scientists & share best practices to elevate the data science practice at Reddit
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL) & statistical analysis/programming languages (e.g., R / Python)