VaynerTalent, a VaynerX company, builds personal brands & businesses for high profile personalities (celebs, authors, executives, artists, athletes, experts & other visionaries). We believe that by harnessing the power of social & digital media, incredible people have the potential to become the worlds most impactful brands. We offer three key services to build platforms that scale stories, skills & expertise in a 2021 world: Talent Management/Representation, Digital Strategy & Content Production (on retainer), & Consulting Services.
Role: Digital Publicist, VaynerTalent
You are a highly competent, organized & proactive publicist at heart, who is obsessed with social media & the nuances of the 2021 attention landscape. You are excited about connecting with hundreds of digital media outlets, content creators, podcast hosts, Talent bookers & influencers each week to build relationships on behalf of VaynerTalent, & place VaynerTalent clients (experts, authors, executives, public figures etc.) on the hottest & emerging digital platforms & shows. You move at lightning speed to make things happen day in & day out, but understand the importance of macro patience & big picture thinking. This role will report directly into the Senior Partner of VaynerTalent.
- Develop & implement the digital/social PR plans for a variety of VaynerTalent clients -- from health & wellness experts to top voices in finance, marketing, sports, culture & beyond.
- Research & create comprehensive media lists, keeping our team database updated in real time
- Create compelling pitch materials one pagers, pitch emails, recaps, other media materials.
- Pitch clients to appear on a high volume of hot & emerging digital platforms - podcasts, YouTube Shows, IGTV, Lives, Influencer Collaborations, Clubhouse Rooms & beyond. (You need to be excited about emailing/calling/texting 100 people/day).
- Manage all communications: pitching, scheduling, logistics, tech check, coaching, following up to ensure social amplification, reporting, sharing insights with team
- Work with VaynerTalent clients directly on best practices for each platform
- Create daily & weekly digital publicity reports
- Develop strong relationships with representatives at key platforms & outlets, top creators, producers & Talent bookers, with a specific focus on Podcasts, YouTube, Linkedin, Instagram, Linkedin -- acting as a liaison with all partners
- Help manage the positioning & monitoring of social coverage of clients talent
- Work with creative team to identify top quotes, clips, moments & messages from digital PR appearances, to be turned into social content
- Provide limited administrative duties for the Senior Partner of VaynerTalent, managing calendar, contacts, travel & expenses
- 2 years of experience working in either public affairs or public relations at a media/entertainment company, PR agency, or Talent personality
- Experience with outreach & relationships across podcasts, bloggers, & digital influencers preferred
- Ability to manage upkeep of database via AirTable, Excel & other tracking tools
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills required
- Proven experience & success communicating with media outlets
- Must be well organized & able to manage multiple projects
- Must have a proven ability to think creatively & develop outside of the box solutions
- Must be able to execute independently against a measurable strategy, with defined goals, objectives & KPIS
- Experience with SEO, lead generation, associate marketing / referral traffic, crisis comms a big plus.
- Strong understanding of building personal brand reputation, increasing awareness & cultivating community for personalities