About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Director, Innovation Commercialization to join our Innovation + Operations Team. The Innovation + Operations team operationalizes the Daily Harvest mission from conception to delivery. We ideate & bring our food to life. We source ingredients & build supply chains, we create sustainable packaging solutions, ensure food safety, & instill production capabilities that benefit our customers, our partners, & our planet. All of this is done to ensure delicious & nutritious food, on-time deliveries, & a perfect experience for our customers.
The Director, Innovation Commercialization will lead our R&D & Project Management functions to bring our robust innovation pipeline to life. Collaborating with our Innovation Strategy & internal Supply Chain partners, this leader will help drive on time & impactful innovation across a range of food categories. We are looking for a seasoned & creative leader who has direct experience identifying new capabilities & partners to overcome obstacles & who has the technical expertise & leadership approach to thrive within our fast paced & nimble organization. The Director of Innovation will be responsible for supporting a variety of R&D projects & in building new processes & ways of working to maximize the impact of our innovation portfolio.
The ideal candidate for this role possesses strong organizational & technical skills, & thrives in a fast-paced consumer-centric organization. If you are self-motivated, results-oriented, & have a passion for teamwork, we would love to hear from you. Accountability, integrity, attention to detail, the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, & being able to work independently are required for this position. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate that is interested in working at a groundbreaking direct to consumer business.
What youll do:
- Partner with Innovation Strategy & Supply Chain leaders to effectively prioritize, resource, & execute our innovation pipeline.
- Serve as a subject area expert across the organization, bringing projects, concepts, & strategic direction together to ensure optimal outcomes & outputs across functional areas.
- Direct & oversee our innovation processes from concept through commercialization & identify, manage, & communicate risk to build confidence across the organization.
- Lead & deputize a team of passionate R&D & project management team members fostering accountability, visibility, & transparency across all innovation efforts.
- Provide strategic oversight to the evolution of our innovation processes to maintain nimbleness as we scale & increase in complexity.
- Scout & implement new technology & partnership to unlock new innovation & optimization capabilities for the organization.
- Partner with FSQA, Manufacturing, & external partners to optimize our portfolio for quality, scale, & customer satisfaction.
- Refine the commercialization processes & procedures as needed to support increasing complexity of collection offerings.
Who you are:
- Minimum of 7+ years of innovation and/or product development experience is required.
- Experience in innovation project management, R&D food product development, & commercialization is a must.
- Background in Engineering, Food Science or a related field is preferred.
- A deep understanding of key principles of food safety such as HACCP & Preventative Controls.
- Knowledge of how to drive continuous improvement based on key performance indicators. improvement processes.
- Inspiring leader who thrives in highly matrixed organizations.
- Self motivated & committed to a fast paced work environment.
- Strong analytical skills, & the ability to present meaningful recommendations & information to all audiences.
- Experience working with 3rd party manufacturing partners for product commercialization & new formula launches.
- Have a strong understanding of product lifecycle management principles.
- Must be able to function independently & travel as necessary.
- Ability to distill large volumes of disparate information into meaningful conclusions.
- Outstanding leadership, management, supervision, & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships. Heavy interface with Culinary, Procurement, Supply Chain Finance, Marketing & Operations, & external partners.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Proficiency (intermediate to advanced) in computer applications & systems including G-Suite & Microsoft Office Suite.
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.