What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency, & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a VP of Infrastructure Engineering to join our growing team!
About Your Team
Youll be leading a growing & globally distributed team of talented engineers, spanning the disciplines of Site Reliability, DevOps, Application Security, Release, & Observability.
You will be responsible for designing, implementing, securing, & operating cloud-based (AWS) production infrastructure systems at scale that are highly sensitive to downtime. This includes:
- Oversee the full life-cycle of Infrastructure Engineerings product & service deliverables
- Achieve compliance with industry-standard controls & processes
- Partner with stakeholders across the company to ensure infrastructure solutions are meeting business needs
- Align the infrastructure roadmap with the overall company business goals & technical vision
- Lead infrastructure capacity planning & performance management to meet our reliability & scalability requirements
- Develop metrics to measure system performance & enable informed decision making
- Help the rest of the Product department become more effective, through automation & implementation of best practices.
- Cultivate & promote our blame-free culture of continuous improvement & collaboration
- Act as a strategic advisor regarding new developments within the infrastructure technology space
- Build partnerships & relationships, internally & externally, to continue the evolution & delivery of world-class infrastructure system
- 15+ years of experience in infrastructure engineering with 7+ years of experience in a people management/leadership role
- Experience working within a rapidly scaling global technology company
- Deep technical understanding of current tools & best practices at scale
- Fluency & understanding of AWS cloud architecture & tools
- Previous experience leading globally distributed technical teams
- Familiarity with regulatory & compliance landscape within data privacy & governance; SOC2, SOX, GDPR, PCI, CCPA
- Strong understanding of Cloud Security & Architecture
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial, & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments, & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand